SASS Wire Forum

St. Augustine match goes to BIG & CLOSE

Zack McGee, SASS #46908

I had a good time shooting the match in St. Augustine yesterday. Cope says the match will stay Big and Close. For stage three you had to do a silly walk from the start position through the stage. It was a first for all of us and was fun.

The match was right up our alley, as Stan ripped off a 13 second stage and I think his average was 15 except for the silly walk one at 25. Anyway, it was just like a mini version of the Last Stand.

The only person who really needed a front site was Doc Monday, who had the front site fall off one of his pistols. Bad break Doc.

I will definitely make it back when I can.

It was a first rate shoot and the weather was perfect. Thanks to those big targets I shot clean. I know there was atleast one shot that hit right near the edge and would have been a miss in a lesser target. Copenhagan did really good in the stage and the set up. You just cannot beat that range they have in the back where we shoot. WW

Zack

I am trying to get the video of Stan's silly walk to work on my computer. When I transfered it from my phone it says my media player cant recognize the codec. I am still working on it. I also have Delta Glenn and Mackinaw's on my phone also. :ph34r:

Cope

I forgot to mention the good stories that you wrote for each stage. They were really good cowboy stories and I enjoyed them very much. Sorry for not mentioning that at the match. You get to hear fewer and fewer stories at matches these days and it was a nice change, thanks.

Ditto to what Zack said, I had a great time. Mac

Archived