SASS Wire Forum

USA Made 1873?

Long Branch Louie

Received this today:

Hi Daniel,

I really do apologize for not answering your e-mail sooner. This has been a busy month! Thank you for your interest. The first rifles will be .357 followed by .38-.40 and all will have the octagon barrel. We will also offer a stainless steel version. We are getting requests for various calibers, and so we are looking into supplying those and what that would entail. We are finalizing the molds and tooling right now, and we hope to have the first test pieces completed in the next 30 days so that we can go into production. It is our goal to have the first rifles for sale this Spring.

Keep watching the website for updates, and feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you again!

Kathy Porter

Autolok Industries/Redwing Gunworks

That would be great. I would get in line if the reports are good.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about American Guns on Discovery Channel? They supposedly built an engraved 1866 for a rancher (in a few weeks) and charged him $20,000. I watched this program VERY closely, as they had contacted me beforehand asking to use a picture from my website in this episode and had me sign a release. However, they didn't use the picture. Even though it showed them milling a rough outline of a '66 frame in their CNC machine, I am pretty dang sure that they faked making it (except maybe the engraving, since the son does do engraving), and the finished product was an Uberti and the "rancher" was just an actor. I won't go into the reasons here, but that's "reality" TV for ya.

:D

After looking at the web site I got curious about what pistol/current products they are making and got this response which adds a couple more tidbits about the 1873 rifle. Smithy.

Kevin,

I apologize that our website may be confusing on that point.

We are also in the process of producing a semi-automatic handgun, of which the first production run will be .40 S&W. These pistols will have an aluminum frame, stainless steel barrel, and have some unique security features, as well as in integral lock and green diode laser. The prototype has been test fired and we are in the final design stages of the pistol. We anticipate limited production to begin this year - as early as summertime.

As for the 1873, we are machining molds for some of the production parts of the rifle, which will be sent to the foundry in the next 30 days. This represents the final stages of the production process, so barring any adjustments necessary to the molds we are hoping to have the rifles in production in the next 90 days.

I realize this seems to be taking a long time, but we are committed to producing a quality firearm built on the foundation of the original Winchester 1873. I hope that you will hang in there with us!

Thank you for bringing to my attention the need to put some additional information on the website. I will be doing that as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest in the 1873 rifle!

Kathy Porter

Autolok Industries/Redwing Gunworks

Archived