SASS Wire Forum

Things I regret giving up in my past..

Deja Vous

My 1972 Cuda with full on race prepped 440 6 Barrel....

My biggest regret was trading off a WW1 USA pilots tunic that had a RARE pilots wings call a DALLAS WINGS. The Dallas wings were 5 pieces, the back, black velvet, two silver wings, and a silver shield with gold US.

The guy I traded it to, I found out later, was the biggest crook in the military antiques business. My fault though, I didn't know what I had.

TF

...two tone - Aegean Turquoise / Tropic Turquoise

...similar to this one - "58 Chevy

OM gosh.. the turqouise.. what a color.. with white.. I am the youngest in my family.. and I got to live the the retractable top days with my older brothers and sister.. like the Elivs days... There are seven of use as I have said a few times.. My older sister was named Kayleb Sharon, .. she was still born. I was next, but 4 years later so I got to, lets say enjoy her name.. lol... I was very little for my age, but I guess my brain was big.. cuz i do remember the color very well..

How about a 1951 Winchester 94 30/30 unfired 100% in the box Mint !!!

I have given up many of nice guns but that one just haunts me !

That would haunt anyone.. lol But a pepper box.. now that haunts me.. for so many reasons..

My 1970 Nova with the 350 HP engine and 4 of the floor...tear drops falling

the Hurst shifter was all my brothers and their pals could talk about.. Did the nova have a hurst? Not sure.. but I belive Chrysler did and AMC./.

My 1972 Cuda with full on race prepped 440 6 Barrel....

440 I thought it was a 4 BBL??? But I could be wrong??

440 I thought it was a 4 BBL??? But I could be wrong??

Nope 3 2 barrel carbs.... 500 CFM Hollys set up with a progressive linkage. I got 4 mile per gallon with it on the highway..... 4 miles per gallon on the street......... This thing was a flat out beast and was really a full on race car that I drove on the street...

But it would flat out set you back in your seat. Best time slip was 11.39 @ 137 MPH. This was after having to stop for gas ( 102 octane)twice to travel 95 miles to the track with a 16 gallon tank. It would be down to 1/4 tank and refill with 114 octane racing fuel.

Archived