SASS Wire Forum

Carson City

Cash Duckett

I was just reading about the latest shooting in Carson City, and was wondering what kind of ccw laws Nevada has? Dozens of people were close enough to see what was going on and call 911, but it looks like nobody shot this guy? Just curious, not pointing any fingers, and obviously not advocating violence beyond self protection.

Cash

Nevada is a "shall issue" state, so getting a CCW permit is not difficult at all. I know in my county, it's quick and easy and we normally get our permits back in 45 days or less. Not sure about Carson City (city and county). Evidently, one of the business owners close to the Ihop had his personal weapon on him, but was too far away to be able to make a shot.

As to why nobody was carrying in the restraunt, I haven't a clue. Maybe somebody that lives in Carson City could give a better insight as to why.

The number of people in any gives area who are carrying a weapon is very very small. The chance that a bad guy is going to be confronted by a gun-wielding citizen isn't good.

In my county, which is firearms friendly and rural in a shall issue state, there are only 75 ccw permits out of a population of 2000.

Add that to the fact that not many ccw holders are trained in confronting an active shooter and you have the situation that exists in our modern society where the bad guy has the advantage.

In a TV interview, the IHOP manager said -

"Yes, I was carrying my pistol. But I wasn't even going to go up against an AUTOMATIC assault rifle." <_<

And there ya go. <_<

Archived