SASS Wire Forum

Cylinder won't rotate with gate open on Ruger NMV

R. R. Ranger

Putting half cocks in a set of NMV and now the cylinder locks up when the loading gate is opened , works fine on half cock and gun cycles fine and half cock works. I figure it has something to do with the the hand adjustment but I am puzzled. I've installed Power Custom half cocks on another set and didn't run into this problem . The cylinder latch is down and not engaged and cylinder moves only about 1/8 inch in either direction. What did I do wrong?

Remove the cylinder and look at the base of the gate. The tail of the cylinder latch spring sticks up through a slot at the base of the gate. The tail should be back against the gate. If it is disengaged and sticking forward when you open the gate it won't push the cylinder bolt down. If it is disengaged, take a screwdriver and push it down and rearwards. It should snap into place.

Gate spring is engaged as it should be. Visually , it looks correct when assembled . When assembled, it feels like the hand(pawl) is engaged against the cylinder and locking the gun.

Archived