SASS Wire Forum

A Great Shoot up on Candia NH on June 19th

I know it's been well over a week since this shoot, but I had to say a few things about it.

The event known as "The Flat Gap Jack Cowboy Shootout" up in Candia, NH on June 19th, was a really great one. I had a lot of fun, as I always do, and got more than a few friendly comments and good natured ribbings about my completely impractical guns. I was using my Buntline and Sherrif's Model Colts, and a single shot WW Greener, based on the old British Martini-Enfiled rifle for my shotgun. (And my Henry). Every once in a while, I like to use my oddball guns, which I know greatly handycap me, but do make things interesting.

But what made this shoot really stand out was that I had a couple of newbie friends with me, Tucson Thorne and Paul Bernhardt Kellogg, both of whom told me repeatedly that they had a great time and a lot of fun. They were both also very appreciative of all the assistance and coaching that everyone else on the posse gave them, and also enjoyed the chance to act as spotters and reset the targets between shooters.

So, when all is said and done, I want to thank the White Mountain Regulators for putting on good shoot, and s special thanks to everyone that was on my posse a couple of Sunday's ago. I am sure that, sooner or later, both of my friends will be trying this again.

Archived