SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Uberti 1866 Short rifle, carbine, or trapper

I am looking to pick up a backup rifle for my Uberti '73. Since this is going to be a backup, I don't want to fork out the cost of a brand new rifle. I prefer to call myself hopeful, as opposed to cheap.

I am looking for an 1866. I am not set on an exact model or caliber, but I would like a short rifle or a carbine, in either .45 Colt or .44 Special. Not interested in a 24" barrel or a .38 caliber.

If you have one that you would like to sell, please post a reply or send me a PM. If your rifle is not stock, then please list any work that has been done on it.

I would consider another '73 in the same parameters, but I am really looking for a '66.

Thanks,

Boondock

Have a bone stock Uberti 1866 carbine with probably 200 rounds through it. Does have a brass tack decorated stock though. I could email a few pics when I get home if you would be interested. PM me with your email for pics and we can descuss price. Not looking to rip anyones lips off.... :rolleyes:

Mingo

I have just what you are looking for in a slicked up version with laser engraved wood. PM me your email address and contact info if you are interested in taking a look at it.

1866 .45 Rifle, chopped barrel, laser engraved forend and buttstock (no names or sass numbers or anything like that) Welded lever short stroke and oddly enough, I haven't shot it with BP at all.

I have a price in mind, but might also consider a trade if you have something my youngsters could use for a shotgun

J. Mark

Have a bone stock Uberti 1866 carbine with probably 200 rounds through it. Does have a brass tack decorated stock though. I could email a few pics when I get home if you would be interested. PM me with your email for pics and we can descuss price. Not looking to rip anyones lips off.... :rolleyes:

Mingo

Mingo, if this is in .44spl and Boondock ain't interested I maybe, I'm about 45 miles west of you in Indiana.

Regards

JW

Well shoot! I'm looking for the same thing and would like to hear from both of you fellows. 45LC only.

Boondock,

Pleasure to meet you and glad the carbine fit your needs. Hope you had a better ride home than I did... Hit hail , torrential rain and tornado threats as I got near home.

Vaya con dios

Mingo

Archived