SASS Wire Forum

Derringer/Pocket Pistol brands

Muchacho Viejo

Bond derringers are very good but kinda bulky in my hand and expensive. I'm not fond of them.

If you can find an American Arms derringer they are very similar to the old Remington.

For a pocket pistol you'll have to search the gun shows, pawn shops and auctions. No one is making a SASS legal pocket pistol. Look for Iver Johnsons in 32. They can still be had at a reasonable price.

I have been looking at the gun shows for a while for a nice 4 barrel .22 rimfire copy of the Sharps but all I ever seem to see are the gold plated in fancy wooden presentation box/case sort at silly money (sometimes priced above the real Sharps ones!) and I do not have much of a budget for this sort of part time gun... not if I want to afford the fuel needed to get to the shoots this summer... I am in luck in having my Great Grandmothers .32 S&W Lemmon squeezer safety hammerless (she even had her name engraved on the side plate) that reminds me I need to order ammo for it as I think I am just about out...

moral is if you see something you like and you can afford it... buy it as the chance may be a while making its way around to you again when looking for out of production guns

Archived