SASS Wire Forum

A Great Range and Great Cowboys discovered

Kid Drover

You aren't gonna belive the range I shot at Satuday. The "town" was amazing. They had a 30 to 40 foot working windmill, picketed fort with watch tower, Church with steeple, stuccoed hacienda, gallows, steam engine, and many more,...I could keep going but the topper was a Coal Car coming out of a mine that puts to shame any roller coaster I have ever been on. YEE-HAW! I have never ever been able to shoot a rifle and two pistols from a moving roller coaster before. They pull the lever and off you go, the car rolls forward and drops about 5' - roll up 5' and the back and forth for about 30 seconds or so. How did I do? Let's put it this way: I will do better next time. To be honest, my first impression of the Coal Car was a little suspect from the angle of being safe. But, after watching some 20 shooters of all ages and sizes, I can't wait to get back on and get my revenge. How were the fokes I shot with? If you think I am impressed with the range, the Fokes are twice or thrice as impressive as the range. They were Great. Buckeye Butch, Duke Skywalker, Arizona, Dan; and whole bunch more this poor feeble mind of mine can't remember their names, but I sure remember them. It'll take 5 or 6 times more shooting there to figure out exactly whose who. And, they got a real comer there. He is the fastest, most composed buckaroo I have seen in a long time. I hope this is right...The Skofield Kid. So, a big ole THANK YOU for treating a lost soul to a great time. Where did this all take place you ask? The Westside Renegades in Evansville, IN. A real easy drive. So, if you ever find yourself with a 3rd Saturday open, you should treat yourself.

Watch your top knot,

Mountain Drover

Archived