SASS Wire Forum

how to convert M14 stock to toy gun

Trigger Mike

The CMP sells stocks, so I bought one and want to convert it to a toy gun. I thought of painting a wooden dowel of the diameter of the smallest portion and since there is a hole near the end by the upper sling swivel I would screw in the dowel there so has to not damage the stock. I can't figure out how to secure it on the receiver end without damaging the stock. It is so my son can play army.

There should be a ridge in the stock where the trigger group sets in.

Cut a pce of steel sized to fit into that ridge, but, not pull thru.

Drill a hole thru the steel & screw into the dowel rod barrel on the receiver end of the stock.

You will also need a trigger & can add one by tapping a small bolt into the plate.

If you want to get creative, you can even make up a trigger guard, etc. <dont forget a clothes line rope , or an old belt for a sling.>

I dont know why you are worried about damaging the stock,

my dad made up lots of these, and I cant remember one surviving my "childhood wars".

dutch

There should be a ridge in the stock where the trigger group sets in.

Cut a pce of steel sized to fit into that ridge, but, not pull thru.

Drill a hole thru the steel & screw into the dowel rod barrel on the receiver end of the stock.

You will also need a trigger & can add one by tapping a small bolt into the plate.

If you want to get creative, you can even make up a trigger guard, etc. <dont forget a clothes line rope , or an old belt for a sling.>

I dont know why you are worried about damaging the stock,

my dad made up lots of these, and I cant remember one surviving my "childhood wars".

dutch

never thought of a piece of steel. Wonder if Lowe's has scrap steel laying around. I know they have scrap lumber. since there is some metal still in the stock, it should hold the steel in there.

Archived