SASS Wire Forum

New Products

Abilene, SASS # 27489

Shotshow is coming up and we all look forward to hearing about new goodies out there. I was at a distributor show the past few days and heard about a few cowboy items. I suppose some of this might be old news but it was new to me.

Beretta is bringing back the Stampede. It has a wide trigger and the rep said they had changed some of the internals but he didn't know what (still a transfer bar). He said now they have real wood grips. I thought some of them had wood grips before. The grips on his samples were very pretty.

Henry Repeating Arms is bringing out a Mares Leg version of the Big Boy in 45LC. It will have a big loop and saddle ring. I talked to Thomas about the 1860 Henry and he said they have had discussions about making one but tooling up for it will probably be too expensive for them to pursue, but it has not been ruled out.

Century Arms has 1600 .410 Coachguns on the way.

Cimarron has added a Pietta line. Like Great Westerns but marked differently. Cobra is making a stainless derringer for them similar to Bond in .45/.410 and 9mm called the Titan. And they have some Uberti models with turned down hammers and are selling the hammers separately. Also, the Redwing Screwknife guy is working on a made-in-USA 1873 rifle. I'm told he had the frame at the SASS Convention but didn't see anybody mention it.

There will NOT be an Uberti-made Merwin-Hulbert this year. They are working on it but it is back-burner. So I guess we'll be waiting to see how much of a complete gun the new M-H company has ready for Shot Show.

Taylor's was at the show, too, and I talked to Sue but not about guns so not sure what they have new. I think Ruger was there but never saw their booth.

That's all I know.

Archived