SASS Wire Forum

Great Movie Cowboys

That Masked Man

I had the honor of meeting Clayton Moore back around 1980. He was a super guy that got a raw deal from Hollywood. Back when the Lone Ranger was in production the actors didn't get royalties. He didn't retire rich and made his living traveling around and appearing as the Lone Ranger. When they decided to replace him in the newer version of the movie, they got an injunction againt him to stop him from appearing as the Lone Ranger and it also didn't allow him to wear a mask in public. He appeared as Clayton Moore and wore sun glasses after that, but they really hurt his income. He was truley a role model. He didn't drink alcohol, smoke, or use foul language. He was always a gentleman. You can't find many like him in Hollywood now days.

Thanks for that, BB. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but your comments on Clayton Moore reflect all the good things I have heard about him. My alias and whole "schtick" are a tribute to him and his dedication to living by "The Lone Ranger Creed".

Hi-Yo and Awaaaay,

TMM

Archived