SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine

ACW

I want to sell a Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine that is totally unmodified and it really shoots well.
It has all of the parts as an original including the Lawrence primer parts.

I bought this from the original owner and it's problem is that it sat in the back of his safe for quite a number of years and that had an effect on the surface as seen in the photos. This is a normal based on it's age.
It's serial number is C.26x and was made in 1977.

A really neat thing about this Garrett is that, except for screws threads, any original Sharps part will fit it.

Price: $1,450 + Actual Shipping Cost.

Sharps-1A.jpg

Sharps-2A.jpg

I'd be interested. I do have a TVM Early Virginia Flintlock Rifle that I was planning on listing in the next couple of days in .54 caliber, built by Matt Avance. My question would be what condition is the breechplate in on the Garrett. Any signs of gas cutting and is there a sliding sleeve on the Garrett? Caliber? I owned one for several years back when I shot with N-SSA, but eventually had to have the breechblock mod by Charlie Hahn due to gas cutting and real problems with failures to fire due to the fire channel. Mine had been campaigned quite a bit though. Let me know if you might be interested.

1 hour ago, Preacher Clint said:

I'd be interested. I do have a TVM Early Virginia Flintlock Rifle that I was planning on listing in the next couple of days in .54 caliber, built by Matt Avance. My question would be what condition is the breechplate in on the Garrett. Any signs of gas cutting and is there a sliding sleeve on the Garrett? Caliber? I owned one for several years back when I shot with N-SSA, but eventually had to have the breechblock mod by Charlie Hahn due to gas cutting and real problems with failures to fire due to the fire channel. Mine had been campaigned quite a bit though. Let me know if you might be interested.

Thanks for your note but I'm only looking for a .50 caliber flintlock.

Regarding the Garrett, I've shot it a number of times and the breechplate is in very good condition with no ssigns of gas cutting. I think  this may be due to my using a Charlie Hahn tube to make my cartridges and I'll be sending the tubes with the Sharp. I had 3 Garretts and I'm keeping one and selling this one.

• ACW changed the title to SOLD - Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine

Archived