SASS Wire Forum

His Nibs Speaks....

I truly do not know what I find the more upsetting... having a "would-be king" who believes the idiocy he spouts, or the fact that so many people seem to support him.  :(  :unsure:

Biden touts new crime prevention strategy focused on gun control

Here are some highlights of his message:

President Biden in remarks Wednesday said his crime prevention strategy would focus on strengthening background checks, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and boosting community policing.  Both Biden and Attorney General Merrick Garland, who spoke before him, pointed to a historic rise in crime in the summertime, and said that rise "may be more pronounced" as the nation comes out of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

*How about some honest assessment of the causes of these crime increases, Joe?*

The White House has insisted curbing gun violence is key to tamping down a "staggering" surge of crime across the U.S. 

*To some, might this just appear to be a case of the tail wagging the dog?*

"Those who say the blood of Patriots, you know, and all the stuff about how we’re gonna have to move against the government," Biden said. "If you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons." 

*On page 215 of the Memes thread on the Saloon page, Raylan posted a cartoon that nicely addresses the absurdity of this statement*

"We're not changing the Constitution. We're enforcing it," the president continued.  Biden touted "zero tolerance" for gun dealers who willfully violate the law, and claimed that 90% of illegal guns found at crime scenes were traced back to 5% of gun dealers. 

*Sorry... but this smacks of "urban legend" generated by the same folks who espouse so many of the other hollow arguments we're being fed* 

The "zero-tolerance" policy targets federally licensed firearms dealers who "willfully" transfer a weapon to someone prohibited from owning one or ignore a tracing request from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The ATF would seek to revoke the dealer's license after the first offense, a senior White House official said.

*I hate to be an alarmist... but this reads like a scheme to shut down honest, hard-working business people for insignificant administrative errors - or even for following government guidelines that may be unclear.  Imagine a corporation like Bass Pro suddenly having their license pulled*

Wow.  The next three and a half years are going to be tough.  I hate listening to this guy... but I'm afraid not to.  :(

This is the very reason we need the 2nd and that the Bill of Rights was added.

Archived