SASS Wire Forum

For those of you with Taurus Thunderbolts...

Three Foot Johnson

... here are some pics from Deadeye Dallas showing the jig and mag tube modification he came up with to keep the rounds from jumping the cartridge stop.

Mine made it through two 10 round strings yesterday after this mod, so I might just try it at this coming weekend's match... with a backup or two, of course. ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is exactly what I was Imagining but then I though about just using inertia and cartridge weight to help it reset behind the Stop.  I found out that if I just let the rifle slightly loose in the shoulder then the kick of firing moves rifle back but the Bullets dont and thus resetting them on the stop.  Yes I know this is not normal to not keep it against the shoulder tight but I have tried it tight and I have the jamming problems due to the Mag tube allowing the next round to jump over the stop.  and Now I have tried it through about 50 different styles of ammo loose with Zero Problems.  Not one.  With No modifications.    Just food for thought until people can get this tube mode all done.

Archived