SASS Wire Forum

Let's make a run for it!

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HOMOGRAPH

I run every morning for exercise. It also helps clear my mind and reduce stress! But before I head to the office I must run to the kitchen to get the stain remover for the red wine spill on the sofa from the party last night. The phone rings, I answer, but tell the caller I have to run, as I have a meeting in 10 minutes but I’ll call you tomorrow so we can finish talking.

It's lunchtime at work, so I let my fellow workers know that I'm going to run to the grocery store for some milk and apples as I forgot to get them earlier asking them if they need anything? I love the shops along the way especially the ones which have strings of ivy that run up the walls like a tapestry. I cross the little wooden bridge over the clear creek that the runs from the foothills of Mt. Simmons.

Returning to the office, the topic turns to the upcoming elections and the two candidate on the ballot. I comment that with my background I should run for office. That raised a chuckle or two, especially from Mrs. Sullivan who laughed so hard she fell against a coat rack and got a run in her new stockings.

So much for office life.

https://www.considerable.com/life/language/english-word-most-complex/

2020_05_16_08_42_37.jpg.b86e017230b4d1c9f0ebe523ab9c2c5b.jpg

"Run" is anticipated to have approximately 645 different meanings in the next Oxford English Dictionary, set for a 2037 release.

2020_05_16_08_45_27.jpg.ecfa47fda7a72575583958d4159df19a.jpg

Archived