SASS Wire Forum

At 32 years old I took the plunge and...

So for those of you who want a laugh...

Today I played my first nine holes of real golf. I scored 72! However, I learned a lot and when I played holes 5-9 over again I averaged six strokes per hole. I used my 3 iron off the tee because it is the biggest club I own and found it, the seven iron and the pitching wedge to be the most used clubs in my bag besides the putter. However, I was a good enough sport about my misfortunes that my impromptu partner wants to go with me again sometime.

Funny story:

Due to my amazing control and abilities, I hit the ball hard and long up the adjacent fairway which happens to be oncoming. So here I am preparing to hit the ball a second time up the wrong fairway as I am now trapped by trees. A splendid shot with a splendid slice occurs. As it is going to impact near other golfers I yell "Fore!", to which there is absolutely no reaction until after the impact when everyone shudders. The people cheerfully yell back, "Hey your ball's over here!" So my golf partner calls over to me, "Maybe next time try duck?" Which cracked us both to pieces.

Great day.

Archived