SASS Wire Forum

picked up a H.H.HEISER revolver holster for $8

red dead

I picked up this holster at a swap meet today for $8 it was thrown in a leather pile with other random things so I got it and thought this would go good with my heritage rough rider .22 that I have for fun.now how much is it worth? it has an oval with the company saying (H.H.HEISER MAKER DENVER COLO) and a number 713 should I use it outside as a work holster or should I leave it alone it has some good use but no severe damage it's a dark tan color with flower stampings with a blond leather trim on the sewn edge oh and it has a double loop if that helps.

There is another Heiser thread on the Wire.

Heiser gun leather is collectable and some types are worth a lot more than what you paid for it.

Try to get an old Heiser catalog or contact a collector for a reliable appraisal.

Found this Web Site while wandering about...hope is can help!

http://www.vintagegunleather.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_8_9

You done well, Red Dead. I've been collecting Heiser stuff for years. Even have one of his high-backed saddles that I used to use on rank horses. The tapaderos on that saddle alone are worth a lot today.

One of my favorites is a holster that was originally sold to Abercrombie and Fitch and has their AF stamp on the back. Ol' HHH was pretty prolific in his day. Unless you are into usin' original stuff, you may want to clean up that ol' holster and put it on display. He was a real leather artist.

Good find!

PB

Archived