SASS Wire Forum

See the picture of the ISIS shooter?

Litl Red

The TV news had a picture of the ISIS shooter this morning. Had the scarf around his face and black turban.

He was holding a rifle. No mention of when or where the photo was taken.

The rifle looked like a Marlin lever 22. Slab sided receiver and exposed hammer with the barrel and magazine looking mighty slim. It even looked like that Marlin front sight cover up front.

The photo looked like it was from a phone or such.

RCMP is showing video of the incident right now.

I did a google search using "ISIS terrorist Canada" and got the picture that was shown on TV.

Bob, I saw your thread that started as soon as the news hit, but figured to open a topic on the rifle, not about everything concerning.

NBC says a "30 caliber hunting rifle"

The picture looks like it could be a lever gun. 30-30 maybe, but really looks more like a 22.

Latest news story says it was a 30-30 Winchester.

The picture looks a bit "pinched".

And of course, he was "not supposed to have firearms". Of course he wasn't.

We need to get these evil weapons off the streets!

Forget about EBR's, we must focus on ELR's!

No shoulder thing that goes up, but it definitely has a finger thing that goes down.

Does it have a saddle ring? Saddle rings make them five times more deadly, just like a bayonet lug does to an AR15.

Um, hello, NOBODY is supposed to have firearms.

If only someone had had time to inform him he wasn't supposed to have that evil thing, none of this would have happened.

Looking at the videos it looks more Winchester than Stoner but it's hard to tell.

This photo on the Vancouver Sun's web site pretty clearly shows a hammer spur:

http://www.vancouversun.com/Ottawa+gunman+smoked+crack+Vancouver+Downtown+Eastside+says+roommate/10319019/story.html

(Click the photo and it'll get a little bigger.)

Looks like a tubular magazine under the barrel too.

I notice the photo is credited to "ISIS Media." I don't know if they're affiliated with ISIS (in which case I'd wonder if they had someone near the event taking pictures) or if it's somebody just collecting and posting material they find online about ISIS.

That photo is undated and was on a website, possibly his. It may or may not be the gun used in the attack. There are no clear shots of the gun in any of the video taken during the incident that was released today by RCMP.

Archived