SASS Wire Forum

Hawaii's Problem: See Update in my reply.

Tumblin Tom

Seems that they are in a pickle as to shooting in that state even a lot worse than California. They seem to be getting hit from both ends not just from the anti gun people but the law enforcement end also with the strange laws of were, when and how they can shoot. Or even transport their firearms. I wonder if It would be possible if they could get with all the gun shops, gunsmiths and gun clubs ie: skeet ranges, target ranges, if they have them and maybe pool together and buy some land on the big island out away from anyone with reasonable access. Then they could build a complete shooting range that would fit everyone. A cowboy town, skeet range, three gun and what every else that fits their needs. That way everyone gets to benefit from this. The shops get the business from the users buying guns and ammo. The gunsmiths get the business on repairs and upgrades or slicking up guns what ever. They could form a board of directors from all of these different committees to run it. That way input comes from all different aspects of the gun industries. Also could be a way around the laws and non gun folks out looks. Just a thought of mine my be nothing that would work, may be something.

I contacted my point of contact at the NRA-ILA this past weekend and passed along the email I received from Haole, the Hawaii TSSD, regarding their situation. I received a return email just this morning and they have placed this action in the right channels to be addressed already. I've asked them to keep me informed and I'll pass along the information I get to you all.

Update: Dan Reid, State Liaison for the NRA-ILA emailed me asking that I call him. Tried but had to leave a voice mail. I'll up date you all when we can make contact.

Archived