SASS Wire Forum

45 acp 73

mileaway sass#16509

Hi everybody, have been away for a couple years . getting back into this year hopefully. anyway I saw something on the Web. they can make your 73 able to shoot 45 acp . if what I saw is true. question. Does that change the Stroke of the rifle be course of how short the 45 acp is. with out having the rifle short stroke . and is it reliable .or to new to know. would you think that you could really go fast with the rifle .being how short the 45 acp is. thank you

Hi everybody, have been away for a couple years . getting back into this year hopefully. anyway I saw something on the Web. they can make your 73 able to shoot 45 acp . if what I saw is true. question. Does that change the Stroke of the rifle be course of how short the 45 acp is. with out having the rifle short stroke . and is it reliable .or to new to know. would you think that you could really go fast with the rifle .being how short the 45 acp is. thank you

Since page 7 of the Shooters Handbook defines the shortest throw a rifle may have (4 1/8") and a .45 rifle can be brought to that shortest throw with .45 Long Colt rounds, I don't see an advantage as far as short stroking the rifle.

I'm not Mr. Gun Expert, but it does seem that the shorter case might help with better powder burn on the less than factory velocities typically used. If .45 ACP brass is cheaper (I'm thinking once fired would be simply because it is so common), that could be useful.

Archived