SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Vision and Relationship to Other Gun Rights Groups.

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Within the first month of Team SASS’ existence, I’ve now talked with the heads of or leads for gun right initiatives in 5 major national organizations—NRA, GOA, SAF, Ruger and the Independent Institute as well as 2 state organizations—Texas and Florida.

In my talks with each, I stressed our desire to cooperate and help in multiple ways since we view this struggle to preserve the Second Amendment as a common objective for all America’s gun owners. I emphasized our conviction that pro-gun forces could be immeasurably strengthened by groups on our side combining and coordinating their efforts to achieve that universal objective.

What I found is what I expected—agreement in theory but a relatively thin history of actual inter-organizational coordination.

After one full month of talks, observation, participation and thought, my vision of Team SASS going forward is this:

We will help as much as we can where we can and cooperate with as many pro gun groups as appropriate.

We will task organize to address the national, state and local levels with those elements of the Team that are best suited to the task. SASS HQs and I at the national level; Team SASS members at their state and local levels. (I include the respective US Senators and US Congressmen in the state and local levels.)

While we will be cooperative partners in the effort to achieve a common goal, we will not be subservient or subordinate to any larger group.

We will be characterized as a team with unwavering resolve and driven by the principle of preserving, protecting and defending our unalienable rights from those bent on subjugation.

We will be devoted to the task of applying unrelenting heat via letters, email, phone calls and rallies at our respective levels on those temporary office holders who represent us.

The Team SASS Forum will remain our virtual “meeting place” dedicated solely to gun rights issues and through which we share information, post alerts and report on progress.

Stay resolved, keep the heat on high and soldier on...

Archived