SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Plan for Cooperative Effort with the NRA

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Team SASS—I’ve looked over the several links Glenn Caroline, head of the NRA-ILA Grassroots Division, suggested to me the other day during our phone conversation. I believe the ‘Get Involved Locally” program best correlates to the Team SASS mission. I urge all our members to go to this website and check it out.

I’m convinced if you all can specifically focus on your individual state and local areas while SASS HQs and I focus on relations with these national organizations at that level, we can and will be employing our force to the best advantage.

Since all politics is local as the old saying goes, it’s of vital importance that we have a large element of Team SASS addressing those state and local politicians and local issues. If we can influence our states and localities, the pressure at the Federal level will be significantly enhanced just by the numbers alone if nothing else.

I’m certainly not promising that Obama and his party will easily bow to the state level influence—by their past behavior, just the opposite has proven to be the case. However, if we garner enough support at the state level, it will be that much more difficult for them to get their anti-constitutional agenda passed through congress.

We will employ the lesson taught by Carl von Clausewitz in his book entitled “On War.” In essence, what any successful force must do is focus on the opponent’s center of gravity. Center of Gravity being defined as: "the source of power that provides moral or physical strength, freedom of action, or will to act." Thus, the center of gravity is usually seen as the "source of strength"

In the case of politicians their Center of Gravity is clearly retaining their office and they know very well it's their constituency that will keep them there. So, as I’ve said before, “When they feel the heat they’ll see the light.”

Stay resolute, keep the heat on high and soldier on....

Get Involved Locally: Home page for individual activism

Other NRA-ILA Grassroots sites can be used as reference
resources:

NRA-ILA Home Page

Second Amendment Activist Center: State by State list of Activist Centers and NRA affiliated businesses:

Grassroots Activism: Grassroots alerts plus contact info, NRA programs

Frontlines: Volunteers for elections and other activities

Stay Informed: You can sign up to receive Federal and State NRA Alerts via email.

Archived