SASS Wire Forum

Themed Days?

Complicated Lady

Did I read something about Wednesday being "Steampunk" day and Friday being "Patriotic" day?

Or did I just imagine that?

Do the other days have themes?

Where did you read this?

Where did you read this?

If I could remember I would go back and look at it again... and would be happy to share with you.

Maybe I dreamed it

CL....

I got this in an confirmation email, hope that helps.....

Wednesday, June 22nd, is Steampunk Day, if you got goggles wear’em.

Friday, June 24th, is RED, WHITE, and BLUE DAY, show your patriotism and support for our troops.

See ya there!!!!!

CL....

I got this in an confirmation email, hope that helps.....

Wednesday, June 22nd, is Steampunk Day, if you got goggles wearem.

Friday, June 24th, is RED, WHITE, and BLUE DAY, show your patriotism and support for our troops.

See ya there!!!!!

I knew I had read that somewhere.

Thank you Laurie

I'm looking forward to getting beat by you.

:)

Okay now that we have verified that I'm not the only one who read that about Wednesday being "Steampunk" day....

Am I the only one who thinks there will be few cowboys that go with that theme for their costumes?

I'm willing to bet that most of the cowboys I hang out with wouldn't know what to wear if they did go with that theme.

I'm not sure I know what I'm supposed to wear.

I have looked at some websites... other than the goggles and little bitty hats... it mostly looks Victorian but in mostly dark colors

....it's just not something I encounter much.

Now RED, WHITE, and BLUE DAY, show your patriotism and support for our troops

I got that covered.

Red, White, and Blue day is on my B-Day. WOO!!

I'm willing to bet that most of the cowboys I hang out with wouldn't know what to wear if they did go with that theme.

I think you're probably right! :blink: LOL

I'm all there for the Patriotic theme, though! :wub:

OK I'll bite!!!!

WHAT THE SAM HE-- IS A Steampunk.

I wish someone "in the know" would explain it to those of us that will be just guessing.

I had to go ahead and pack so I'm just going to wear a saloon girl dress on Wednesday.

OK I'll bite!!!!

WHAT THE SAM HE-- IS A Steampunk.

From Wikipedia: Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; in other words, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne or real technologies like the computer but developed earlier in an alternate history.

Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" for such technology as lighter-than-air airships, analog computers, or such digital mechanical computers as Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace's Analytical engine.

So basically what I'm gathering is that it has the style of the Victorian era some of the technology of today, all powered by steam. If you're looking for costuming ideas I found The Steampunk Emporium.

Okay guys, thanks. I'm still not sure if the outfit I have picked out would be considered "Steampunk".... it is kind of a darker Victorian. I'm going with that.

I do love the Back to the Future movies. The first one was filmed in my home town in California during my senior year of high school. The parking lot scenes... "my" mall. :->

As for Wild, Wild West....

loved the TV show. James West was so cool. I would like to find those episodes on DVD.

Not so fond of Will Smith's version.

...that does give me an idea of what Steampunk is about...kinda.

Just because I don't understand the appeal of something doesn't mean it's not great for other people.

I think about all the women I work with that think dressing up like they did in the 1890's and shooting guns at metal targets is weird!

While I think it's great fun. To each his/her own.

I was looking up steampunk fashion and found out that if you use darker colors, or "natural" colors like brown, rust, or bronze, you should have the right colors. Just slap a gear or two on the clothing and wear a pair of goggles and you've got steampunk.

And Shakey, I like that MECHANOLOGY, makes it sound legit....or at least not so dumb. lol :lol:

Archived