SASS Wire Forum

Kirst converter in 22

Trigger Mike

Since a standard 58 remington has an 8 inch barrell, it would seem to me the 22 round will wobble a lot by the time it left the barrell. Would it be better to put it in a 5 inch barrell gun? Would that help accuracy? I ask as I am thinking of having my children use that instead of the Rugers I bought, that way the transition to a bigger calibre would be easier as they would already be used to the gun.

Since a standard 58 remington has an 8 inch barrell, it would seem to me the 22 round will wobble a lot by the time it left the barrell. Would it be better to put it in a 5 inch barrell gun? Would that help accuracy? I ask as I am thinking of having my children use that instead of the Rugers I bought, that way the transition to a bigger calibre would be easier as they would already be used to the gun.

I would think that the .22 bullet would have no problem exiting the .45 barrel without touching it. The bullet is traveling so fast that it will be clear of the 8" barrel before any movement due to recoil. Think about a bullet traveling through a suppressed weapon. As long as the baffles in the suppressor are lined up properly, the bullet never touches them. And suppressor baffles are a tighter fit than the .45 bore diameter is to a .22.

Archived