SASS Wire Forum

what day will you arrive

dutch bear

Howdy

a couple of questions

what day are you planning to arrive at the EOT?

we will probebly get there on monday as were shooting the match in Cortez first,

on that subject is there anyone with expirience on the driving time from Cortez to te EOT with an RV?

and does anybody have tips for a place to park the RV for the night if we can't drive it in one day(we will probably start the RV on sunday afternoon in Cortez

so the chance is high that we have to stop for the night somewhere half way)

counting the days till June

Dutch Bear

The route from Cortez, CO to Edgewood, NM is an easy drive in an RV. The most direct route is on US550 from Bloomfield, NM to Bernalillo, NM. US 550 is mostly a four-lane highway with posted speeds of 65 mph. The route will take you about five hours of driving - easily done on a summer afternoon. However, there are few opportunities for easy camping in an RV on this route. You could try the Rio de las Vacas Campground near Cuba, NM. Another option is to drive south to Gallup, NM and stay in a commerical campground there and then drive to Edgewood on I-40 the next day. The KOA campground in Gallup will have showers unlike the Forest Service Campground near Cuba. You could also stay in Grants, NM as there is a commercial campground there.

• 4 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Hidden Valley RV Park in Tijeras, 10 minutes from the Range, for the last two years. Nice pool, some tall cottonwoods, good folks. Get a Passport America membership and save 50%.

Hidden Valley RV

This year we are chancing staying at the Founders' Ranch to get the full benefit of the 30th Anniversary festivities.

Buena suerte,

eGG

As long as I have a break down free trip, I plan to arrive the Saturday morning prior to the Wild Bunch match. This will be my first EOT and want to take it all in. Come on June, hurry up and get here already.

I am staying at a motel in Moriarty so I can not help you with any camping information.

As long as I have a break down free trip, I plan to arrive the Saturday morning prior to the Wild Bunch match. This will be my first EOT and want to take it all in. Come on June, hurry up and get here already.

I am staying at a motel in Moriarty so I can not help you with any camping information.

we stayed at the Super8 in Moriarty last year and it was ok, Moriarty is not exactly a party town and "close to" is a rellitive term

it is stil about a half our drive to the EOT

that is why we stay in an RV on the founders ranch, we don't want to miss a thing

Dutch Bear

Archived