SASS Wire Forum

Guns of August

Deadwood Stan Sass 7275

Guest Coyote Calhoun, SASS #201

This is sad, what a wonderful hotel. I am sure it will not be easy to replace.

Stan, thanks for all you and the Guns of August Committee do for Cowboy Action Shooting.

I hope to make it back up there again.

That's an unfortunate piece of news Stan. The Manchester was a pretty nice place. And they didn't seem to mind a bit when soaking wet cowpokes still wearing their guns ambled thru the lobby following Saturday's monsoon last year.

I'm sure another venue for this year's festivities will become available.

By the way, which hotel is it that has the "no guns" policy? Certainly don't want to make a reservation there.

Sorry to say the Manchester has closed. If you had a room there you better make it some where else. We are trying to find a new host motel I will have more info after the shot show. They say it will reopen but do not know when. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks Deadwood Stan

I hear Deadwood Stan has a nice big house and can be paid for room and board with cookies :blink:

Better put those no trespassing signs up ASAP.... :unsure:

BTW- If you haven't been to GOA, I would highly suggest going to that and to Michigan Range War, my 2 favorite matches.

Howdy :Might think about shooting there....Just found out there won't be a shoot at the SASS headquarters in ABQ N.M. in august this year....Wasn't it 97 degrees and 90 percent humidity last year up by you????OMG.......?I don't think it was that hot at OUTLAW trail in edgewood n.m.last year............It's all starting to make sense now!!!!!!......Y'all moved the Outlaw trail to go to the Guns of august...Maybe they'll have a Baloon fiesta for Guns of August.....that ought to make things run smooth for hotel bookings,, restraunts,etc,..Like the Outlaw trail will be this year.....Tuco.

Archived