SASS Wire Forum

Support your vendors

Guest Pukin Dog, SASS#55356-Life

Guest Pukin Dog, SASS#55356-Life

Whenever I go to a big shoot and there are vendors present I always make a point to visit everyone and thank them for coming. I may not always buy something but if I see a very well made item, I sure think about it and if I can, buy it..

I can just see in about 90 or 100 years from now, one of my great grand kids taking a SASS era item in to an "Antique Road Show" and the examiner stating, "This is a fine example of workmanship by XXXXXX, who was one of the most expert in (sewing, leatherwork, woodwork, you fill in the blank) in the reenactment of Victorian times, especially in the SASS organization. I'd say this piece is worth at a minimum $150,000! One of the nicest pieces I've seen of this era."

Sure, actual Victorian items will be worth more, but in 100 years, WE will be history too. And you never know if one of the items you bought in a vendors tent will be a TREASURE for your great great grandkids someday.

Support our vendors!!!!

I'm for everything Pukin Dog had to say, and it got me to thinking. A sure winner for future GGGGrandkids value would be in the guns themselves. Think what an original Colt SAA goes for nowdays and then go 100 years ahead and imagine what an OMV might go for? I don't know just a thought. Smithy.

Archived