SASS Wire Forum

Been awhile..

Presidio

Well...made the trip out to Columbus, Tx today for my first shoot in over three years at THSS.  Met up early with some old friends and made some new ones.

Ran my 1851's with the Kirst Cartridge Conversion's and newly loaded stainless casings with 777 fffg with a 250 RNFP.  They ran pretty good as long às I did my part.  The Puma '92 did pert well also.  Only hiccup it had was when I forgot to take it off safety on my first stage.  Oh well.

We did five stages, first three were clean.  Fourth stage, one of the '51's decided to have conniptions and refuse to let the cylinder rotate after the first shot.  Had to take four misses, but I was expecting some problems to occur today anyway.  Off to the Fumble Area to clear and break down the pistol.  Yup, one bullet just wasn't quite set deep enough and hung up the works.

So I'm not disappointed any.  Just need to pay a bit more attention to tweak the ammo a bit more, and tune the pistols a little to make them true lighting and thunderers again.

All in all.  Had a he**uva great time getting back with my pards and shooting Cowboy Action again.  Course, the body is going to need some tuning here and there, too.

Some things you just don't know how much you have missed...until you come back again.

Archived