SASS Wire Forum

I'm Gonna ride the Buffalo

Hill City Rebel

I will make another attempt to ride the Buffalo at Founder's Ranch this Year.

He spooks real easy, but I have a plan on how to get up on him without sending him running over the next hill, cause I ain't chasing him all over 400 acres again. :wacko: .

I will ride him on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. Chiz is signed up to ride him next (You don't want to miss that :) )

Admission is $5.00

After I tame the Beast I will be selling rides on him for $10.00. For $15.00 I will take a photo of you.

Hill

Look's like I need to make sure our emergency medical plan is fine tuned for this event !!!!!!!

Bighorn

Oh Ye' of little faith....

I know a trick. I have ridden two that are located on Hwy. 133 south of Crossett, Ar. If you have been down this highway you know the ones I am talking about.

Get your video cameras ready but I won't be needing the air ambulance.

Hill

Guest sawyer#34250

U.T.--These people obviously don't know the secret to riding a buffalo. It is different than your average bull because of the low rear end and the high front end. It is not hard to do once you have learned the primary rule of riding any four legged animal.

Guest sawyer#34250

UT-I would be honored to watch you and assist you in any way possible, including the usual first aid tricks and the world famous "Hand me the bottle when it is over" trick.

Your secret is much more refined than mine. The "Sawyer Secret" to riding any four legged animal is simple--"Get on and don't fall off" :)

• 4 weeks later...

Been Practicing. I spotted a small goat on the way to Church Sunday, pulled over and rode him.

Stayed on for 8 seconds too. Wife started crying saying I was embarrassing her :FlagAm::huh:. Yep, I'll be in peak condition come EOT.

Hill

Guest sawyer#34250

My initial instinct tells me to bet on the bull, however, having been to a couple of shoots at the Badlands Bar 3 club and watching those folks at play tells me the buffler ain't got a chance! My money is on U.T. Hill all the way. You can mail donations to the First Aid and Funeral Fund(FAFF) in care of me. Please send only amounts over 10 bucks so the accountant won't have such a hard time! :FlagAm:

Ya'll are gonna be might impressed when I come ridin' through town, tippin' my hat to all the ladies. ;)

Hill

418273[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to seeing that sir! What a gentleman, what a guy! ;):huh::(:FlagAm: Katie

Speakin' of no show Jack,

You have missed the last 2 Big shoots at Cypress Creek. :rolleyes: and where you 2 weeks ago for the Bar 3 shoot?

Work days at the Range? We need help :( . My stage is destroyed.

I missed Comin' At Cha' because a hurricane was sitting on my house :wub: . I would think that is justification for sitting it out.

The question is, Where in the heck have you been Jack?. B) We miss ya'! (and Biggest Heart Too!)

Hill

Speakin' of no show Jack,

You have missed the last 2 Big shoots at Cypress Creek. :rolleyes:  and where you 2 weeks ago for the Bar 3 shoot?

Work days at the Range? We need help :( . My stage is destroyed.

I missed Comin' At Cha' because a hurricane was sitting on my house  :wub: . I would think that is justification for sitting it out.

The question is, Where in the heck have you been Jack?. B) We miss ya'! (and Biggest Heart Too!)

Hill

420160[/snapback]

The conditions of my parole won't let me come into Lousiana :o , I haven't been able to shoot much lately due to my work load! :( Biggest Heart has quit shooting again! B)

• 2 weeks later...

U.T.: The secret to being a good buff rider is to start out being a "Buff Whisperer". Here's what to whisper, just before you climb on board: "Our Father, who art..." (That's about as much as you'll get to whisper before the big beast send you to Santa Fe for the weekend).

Hi Whooper Crane,

If I end up in Santa Fe it's because I rode the Buff over there.. :rolleyes:

Hi Black Jack,

I would certainly appreciate a few good picks of the event. I figure I'll just grab his horns and bulldog him to show the critter who is boss. After that, riding him should be no problem.

I think I'll use him to pull my guncart while I'm shooting the main match. May even teach him to be a counter if we are short handed on the Posse. I'm sure he is a SASS member. I couldn't see the Wild Bunch letting him eat all that grass out there without hitting him up for a membership :wub: .

Regards,

Hill

[do you figirin on havin that there buff broke and ready for a mounted shooting event? :rolleyes:

watch out about taking him to the main matchs pulling your wagon,i trained an Yak once and i be dang if he hasnt gone and become state Champ.in traditional class :wub:

Archived