SASS Wire Forum

FS - Remington 11-87 Deer Gun - Hastings Barrel, Scope, VG condition

Hello the fire.

I am offering for sale a Remington 11-87 - Premier - 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun - with wood stock and forearm.

It has the famous Hastings Paradox barrel (23.5 inches). This barrel was made in France. It features "lands and grooves" which cause the slug to spiral as it leaves the barrel. Spiraling gives greater accuracy (think of a quarterback throwing a football). It will handle 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch loads. Do a Internet search of Hastings Paradox barrel for more information. They sell for about $275 new.

There is also a Simmons Deer Field scope installed. It is 2.5 by 20. I don't recall the brand of scope mount - but - it is very sturdy - as it attaches to both sizes of the 11-87.

A Pachmyr White Line recoil pad helps to ease the kick. I also built up the cheek portion of the stock to allow for quicker acquisition of the sight picture. You can certainly remove this if you wish - as it is just pipe insulation and camo duct tape.

Length of pull is just about 14 inches.

This was my deer gun for many years - but - at age 67 - I no long climb trees - nor handle cold weather.

I am including 4 boxes of Winchester 3 inch slugs - these slugs and this gun will GRIND those deer - out to 120 - 130 yards (at least).

The gun has a few scuffs and freckles as is common with a used gun. Please study the photos to see if this is meant for you.

http://s890.photobucket.com/user/BoneyardBill123/library/Remington%201187%2012%20Ga%20-%20Hastings%20Barrel%20-%20scoped?sort=3&page=1

Let me know if you need additional photos, information, etc.

I am pricing it at $725 - I figure that is a fair price if you were to piece together all the components listed above. Shipping is included to cont. US only. Shipped to your FFL.

- Boneyard Bill

Archived