SASS Wire Forum

Do NOT be deceived . . .

Six-Shot

. . . into thinking that the "war" on guns is over and that we have stemmed the tide. Yes, we have won some decisive battles so far this year and it appears the "anti's" have retreated. They have . . . because we are entering the all important 2014 "mid-term" election season. NO ONE (on either side) is talking about gun control legislation right now (unless they are stupid) because all the incumbants want to retain their seats and the "newbie" candidates want to win their seats. We "pro-gun" 2A folks need to do our homework and back, support (financially), and vote for "pro-gun" candidates. If "pro-gun" candidates do not win or maintain a majority I assure you the anti's will be back in the next legislative session in January 2015 with a vengeance. DO NOT be lulled into a sense of complacency. Get involved in the political process on your state and local level.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

Howdy Six-Shot,

Besides e-mailing, writing letters and calling. How do you advise someone to get involved in the political process on your state and local level? I am willing to help but need guidance.

Howdy Six-Shot,

Besides e-mailing, writing letters and calling. How do you advise someone to get involved in the political process on your state and local level? I am willing to help but need guidance.

Howdy Ruff,

Thanks for asking. I could teach a course on this topic but here's how you can begin. Obviously, you know how to browse on a computer. In most states candidates are required to file for the office they are seeking by a certain date. Shortly thereafter their names and the seat they are running for will become public record. Go to you state's Secretary of State web site. Look at who's running for which office in your town, ward, precinct, parish, etc. or state district. Go to NRA/ILA, or GOA, or whatever gun organization(s) your state may have and usually they rate the candidates according to their positions on gun rights issues. If they are not posted there, call the organizations. You can also go to the individual candidates web page (most of them have one) and read about what they say (or don't say about gun issues).

Here's a good link that many candidates use to describe themselves and where they are on the issues. http://votesmart.org/

If you have questions, ASK!

"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be ruled by inferior men" - Plato

Howdy Six-Shot,

Thanks for the help.

For example, Ruff, this is my city (Manchester) ward alderman who also happens to be my state (New Hampshire) district representaive in the NH House of Representatives along with her history of voting on gun related issues in the past two years of her term in office. Her seat is up this coming November 2014 and I am running for her seat in the legislature. The deadline to file to run in the election is between June 4 and June 13. I will be running against her and another DemocRAT and another Republican. I ran against her in 2012 and lost. It will be difficult to beat her because (if you noticed) the NRA rated her a "B" rating (not bad for a democRAT!). The NRA rated me a "B+" based on how I answered their survey questions. GO-NH (Gun Owners of New Hampshire) and NHFC (New Hampshire Firearms Coalition) rated me an "A".

http://votesmart.org/candidate/42806/barbara-shaw?categoryId=37&type=V,S,R,E,F,P

Archived