SASS Wire Forum

Post New Toys Seen at WR Here

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

Use this post to collect what new CAS toys you have seen at WR this year.

I will start. Saw a really neat Dillon 650 modification, a bullet feeder for the 650. This modification loads all kinds of bullets directly into the brass of a 650. It works for lead bullets, as well as others They ran a demonstration using lead bullets, all weights and sizes but only select calibers. The machine uses a new tool head unique to their mod, which uses all Dillon and other dies (except of their unique seating die), the powder checker and still has the hole in the middle for a light. The machine is made by GSI International of Chandler, Az.

www.gsiinternational.com

The calibers you can order are: 9mm, 38 super, 10 mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 38/357 and .223 Remington. Price is $500 for pistol caliber and $620 for rifle caliber.

The machine has a large feeder rotating bowl that gets the lead into a tube then lowers the rounds in the tube to a rotating wheel that looks a lot like a primer wheel in a Dillon. From the wheel, a device pushes the bullet out to it's unique seating die.

Many attempts in the past to do this do not work well with lead bullets. GSI rep said it would work will our 38 bullets of all weights and shapes. If you want a demo you can send a packet of your bullets to them for a test. They indicated only lead bullets with too much lube could gum up the operation.

They also have this for the 550, and 1050 Dillon.

I believe their web site has a video of the operation of the device.

I have no interest in this company in any way just thought i was a neat device.

Archived