SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS is a Decentralized Organization

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

I felt it time to re-emphasize our Team SASS approach so we all stay focused on the same page. Everyone should understand and be able to articulate our strategy in this fight to preserve, protect and defend.

We've intentionally structured Team SASS to be decentralized by design. Why? I firmly believe in two driving factors:

(1) The people of the several states know their situation and gun climate best…unlike Washington DC who thinks they know what’s best for everyone. Gun owners within the individual states know where to apply the heat and overall effort in order to achieve the most promising and effective outcome.

(2) Our greatest chances for executing a successful fight to preserve, protect and defend for all America is at the state level.

By focusing on the state level, we will have greater influence on impacting our “close in targets” i.e. our liberty focused lives within our immediate environment so to speak. Additionally, it’s by increased influence within our home states that we can better direct the pressure the states can and will place on the federal. In other words, we must use the vast power of a combined and coordinated force that can only come from a majority of the states pushing the federal in the right direction.

This state level focus should not be interpreted to say that SASS ignores the national level…ergo our partnership effort with major national organizations i.e. the NRA, GOA, SAF, NSSF and Ruger. We add the weight of our considerable membership numbers and financial support via the Team SASS Patriot Badge sales, SASS Second Amendment Support Matches and our SASS Calls for Action to these organizations to fight the good fight in Washington D.C.

All strategies come with a set of requirements if they're to be successful. What are the requirements of our decentralized strategy? The potential and probable success of this effort at the state level is highly dependent on YOU…the individual members of Team SASS. Your active involvement and willingness to do your part in both Phase I and II of the Team SASS National Strategy within your state is key and directly proportional to the level of success we can expect in the larger sense.

Team SASS at the HQs level can provide the outline and overall national strategy but we can’t make it happen at the state level for you and without you. Don’t hang back, I highly encourage you to jump in this fight…if not for yourself, for your posterity and the freedom they will either enjoy or lose tomorrow because of what our generation does today.

Go forth and do great things for the cause of future liberty as our forefathers did for us.

~ Colonel Dan ~

Archived