SASS Wire Forum

FS/FT One of a kind Confederate Frock Coat

SilverLining

For Sale or Trade! I'm done with cleaning out my shop (kinda, sorta) ... now starting on the "Cowboy Closet." I have a one-of-a-kind Confederate Frock Coat that was crafted for me by Miss Leta Butler of Coon Creek Old West. It's an authentic replica of Robert E. Lee's dress coat, complete with brass epaulets. Sized for a 52" chest, but also designed to be worn open (secured by a sash) so as to show off the lapels and lining. I've only worn this fantastic uniform twice.

Tunic front

Tunic back

Epaulet detail

These coats retail for upwards of $600.00 ... I'll like to get $525.00 in cash or trade value ... the epaulets alone sell for over $150.00! Trade items that I'd be interested in: .45 ACP/9mm pistols (preferably of the 1911 style, NO Glocks, please); Remington 870 shotguns; rifles of the .204/.223/.243 variety, etc. I'm open to discussion.

I also have the matching wool trousers for $125.00 (38" waist, retail for $165.00) or trade of equivalent value.

To round it out, you'll want to add the buff sash ($75.00 sale or trade) ... the dress belt with "CS" buckle ($75.00 sale or trade) ... the "Sam Browne" belt w/sabre hanger and Confederate Flag buckle ($75.00 sale or trade). Accessories NOTE: the gauntlets and spurs shown in the photo are NOT available any longer.

Archived