SASS Wire Forum

Do You Have a Pair of ROA's SS in 5 1/2"?

Smithy

This thought came to me when I saw a pair of ROA's being sold on the Wire for 1100 bucks in stainless steel. I have long been a fan of the old army, but never could hang on to two at a time. I do own one now, but I converted it into a 3 1/2" barreled shopkeepers special with birdshead grip frame and ivory grips. It also boasts a conversion cylinder and shoots 45 LC as the rest of my cowboy arms do. Thought I was going to use that for pocket gun side matches until I found out that it was illegal. What I want is simple, two relatively low fired, SS Ruger Old Armies with fixed sights, faux ivory grips would be a plus but not necessary and at least one nipple wrench.

What I have to trade for that is two Ruger Bisley Vaquero's in SS that have been fired in one match with 200 grain black powder rounds in 45 LC. After the match the guns were cleaned spotless and oiled and now reside in my safe. As it is, I own four Ruger Bisley's thinking that I needed a complete back up pair for my main match guns. I shot the one match just to see that they were in working order. They are. I'm bad with boxes and owners manuals so the boxes are indeed model correct Ruger plastic boxes, but the serial numbers may not match nor may they have the owners manual. I give every effort to look for it though.

I figure since we're both shipping that we'd each cover our own costs (mine will be the most as it will be the 2nd day FFL to FFL one and yours can be ground to my house, yes I live in a place where that's legal). If you have something to ad, take away from the pot, put into the pot, or just stir the pot, feel free to do so. I can be reached at the below means.

Sincerely,

Kevin D. Williams a.k.a. Smithy.

(209) 812-6975

5kw@sbcglobal.net

P.S. emails work a bit better than PM's. I get to them quicker and a whole lot easier.

Archived