SASS Wire Forum

WTS: WWII M3 Knife with M6 Milsco Scabbard - $250

Hamby Branch Kid

Hello,

I have a decent WWII guard-marked Utica M3 and its hard-to-find companion M6 scabbard for sale. The knife and scabbard show typical wear for their age. Price is $250 plus $10 for insured USPS Priority Mail shipping in CONUS. I provide a 3 day money back guarantee as long as you pay for insured shipping back to me.

To prevent any confusion, the first poster who claims this item here on the board is the new owner. Please post "I want it" here and them PM me for details.

The photos should cover most of your questions on condition, but please feel free to PM me if you have more.

A little background for those interested: For 17 months, from March 1943 to August 1944, there were 2,590,240 M3 knives manufactured by nine different companies. Utica produced a total of 655,230 M3's during this period.

M6 scabbards were produced for roughly the first five months of this production period (3/1943 - 7/1943). The leather did not hold up very well and was soon replaced with the M8 plastic scabbard.

Knife drawbacks are:

1. The washers on the handle are somewhat dried out. There is a gap of about .185" between the handle and the guard. I have been told that you can apply leather dressing to re-hydrate these washers and reduce this gap, but I have not done this.

2. The original angle of the guard has been somewhat reduced.

3. The blade shows sharpening and some light grind marks in places along the edge.

Scabbard drawbacks are:

1. The M1910 wire hanger has been removed from the top of the scabbard. I understand that this is a common field modification.

2. The grommet at the bottom has come loose from the scabbard. It is present on the thong, but it is loose.

3. Like the knife, the scabbard shows overall age, but heck, it IS 67 years old! Definitely could use some leather dressing to clean it and provide some moisture.

Photos follow (please excuse the cheesy album name, I am using my daughter's account):

Link to Knife and Scabbard Photos

Archived