SASS Wire Forum

Best Gun Shops in Pittsburgh, PA

Tionesta Toby, SASS #74169

I recently returned to my home town of Pittsburgh, PA, after living in Baltimore for 40 years. I'm looking for the best place to purchase CAS and other shooting gear and guns in Pittsburgh. I believe my favorite shop from when I lived here before (Flaigs) is no longer in business. I'm near the West End (Green Tree, actuall). TIA

Howdy Pard,

My primo gun store here in western PA is Ace Sporting Goods in Washington, PA on Route 19 about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh. I have also done very good business with Federal Firearms on Thoms Run Road near Presto, PA. Both shops are solid firearm/reloading suppliers for me.

However, the ultimate primo SASS/CAS firearm supplier for me is Encks Gun Barn in Newmanstown, PA (near Lancaster). Bob Enck, "Barnmaster" (SASS Alias) is the owner, and makes a an effort to attend many SASS matches in Pennsylvania every year. Check him out at: www.encksgunbarn.com He's the best CAS firearm supplier in PA.

There are many SASS/CAS shooting clubs here in western PA. I am the Territorial Governer for the Dry Gulch Rangers at McDonalds Sportsman Association. We also have have Logans Ferry Regulators, River Junction Shootist Society, and Stewards Regulators all offering regular CAS matches from April thu November here in the Pittsburgh area. That works out to about a shoot for four weekends a month.

Welcome back to Pittsburgh.

Chicken Coop

Howdy Pard,

My primo gun store here in western PA is Ace Sporting Goods in Washington, PA on Route 19 about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh. I have also done very good business with Federal Firearms on Thoms Run Road near Presto, PA. Both shops are solid firearm/reloading suppliers for me.

However, the ultimate primo SASS/CAS firearm supplier for me is Encks Gun Barn in Newmanstown, PA (near Lancaster). Bob Enck, "Barnmaster" (SASS Alias) is the owner, and makes a an effort to attend many SASS matches in Pennsylvania every year. Check him out at: www.encksgunbarn.com He's the best CAS firearm supplier in PA.

There are many SASS/CAS shooting clubs here in western PA. I am the Territorial Governer for the Dry Gulch Rangers at McDonalds Sportsman Association. We also have have Logans Ferry Regulators, River Junction Shootist Society, and Stewards Regulators all offering regular CAS matches from April thu November here in the Pittsburgh area. That works out to about a shoot for four weekends a month.

Welcome back to Pittsburgh.

Chicken Coop

Mr. Coop,

Thanks for the info, Pard. It's better to get data this way than to go by the phone book and take chances.

I'll keep everything you said in mind -- esp. Encks Gun Barn (though it was closer to me when I lived in Baltimore than it is now).

Archived