SASS Wire Forum

Comancheria Days 2012

Agarita Annie

Amazing! That is the only word I can find to describe Comancheria Days 2012. What better way to start off Comancheria Days than to have two bagpipers marching down the ranch road and starting the Shooter's Meeting off with Amazing Grace. With the much needed rains which have recently fallen in the Texas Hill Country the Stieler Ranch pastures were lush, green and alive with wildflowers. Grouchy Spike and his band of volunteers deserve our thanks for the condition of the stages, targets and the overall condition of our many stages. I have never seen the range look more beautiful!

166 of our registered 171 shooters were soon sending lead down range. Leather Lung, our medic, was bored and we are all thankful for that. To all the shooters, spectators and many vendors, THANK YOU, for keeping our shoot safe and fun.

Congratulations to Hey You and Waterloo for being the overall Women's and Men's Champions.

The many thank yous I received from so many shooters for having such a first class shoot were appreciated and it is our hope it brings all of you and a few of your friends back next year. Space does not allow me to thank everyone by name but if you were part of our shoot, on behalf of the Texican Rangers, THANK YOU. As time permits I will have more information posted on our website, in our newsletter and on the SASS wire, however, I wanted to get this short note out to all as soon as possible. Thank you, Cowboys and Cowgirls for making Comancheria Days 20212 the success that it was.

Newt Ritter has agreed to serve as Match Director for 2012 and the Board of Officers will be selecting dates very soon so watch our newsletter and website for more information.

Red Scott

President, Texican Rangers

Archived