SASS Wire Forum

Team Shooting Stages

Hey Pards!

I'm just lookin' to add some spice to our regular matches.

Have any ideas for some team shooting scenarios?

The simplier to understand and the fewer extra props required, the better.

Most of all, if you have something that your shooters seem to really LOVE, then let me know!

Thanks!

Willie Earp

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Have a team shoot separate stages together.... simultaneously. Lowest average team time wins.

(I know it don't make any sense... but that's just me...)

and a btt for ya...

ts

First decision:

Do you want to have the aggregate time win? Use a shooter relay where every shooter has a target and shoots one at a time.

Do you want to have the average time win? Let all shooters shoot at the same time with as many reloads as possible.

Second decision:

Scoring. All knockdowns are the best. If they are not all knockdowns, figure out how you will reliably score.

Third decision:

Safety. How will you get all the shooters to the line with loaded guns safely. How will they shoot the stage without shooting each other (handguns from a table helps, cross draws with another shooter right next to them makes me cringe). How will you get all the guns cleared and shooters off the line safely.

Good Luck!

I have always liked the log saw. Set a 4x4 vertically about 20 yards out. Time how long it takes to use bullets to saw a section off the 4x4. Fun stuff.

Cheers,

BJT

Safely stage a 4 X 4 inch post (for each team) and have the teams cut it in half.... quickest time wins.

Archived