SASS Wire Forum

Due to the recent passing of my wife, I have closed my firearms business.

I just don't have the heart for it any longer

Thank you to everyone that did business with me and to all of my SASS Pards I have met, shot with and talked to.

Vaya Con Dios

Yer Pard

Sixgun Shorty

SASS#35717

Shorty; I never had the pleasure to meet you, but I've gotten to know you on the wire. The decisions we make don't have to be forever, but the ones you make today are right for you.... I hope all goes well as you go forward. I am so sorry about the loss of your wife, it has to be so difficult moving forward. I wish you the best.... Stay strong and take it a day at a time.

Howdy,

Sixgun, you've been a real good friend over the years.

I hope that after a while the shock will fade and you might give the Colt

business another go. You have many contacts and talent.

I know the passing of anyone close is a real loss and everyone has to deal with it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Please consider getting out and socializing after a bit.

Words just kind of fail me right now....

Best

Chili Ron

Shorty - my sincerest condolences for the passing of your Mrs.

It's going to be tough with just memories but stay strong

Shorty,

like KK stated, you've been a good wire Pard and email friend to me although we have never met.

My deepest condolences in the loss of your Wife.

Whether you get back in the Colt business or not, we all know what a grateful service you have been in helping numerous Pards acquire their Colt firearms and helped alot of folks on the Wire with valuable info.

I wish you well and for comfort during this time.

..........Widder

Scott; I'm so very sorry. You have always been a good Pard and I've enjoyed shooting with you over many years, it's hard to believe how many. Take each day as they come and try to find one thing in each day that is good. God Bless you my friend.

Doug

Buddy, you will truly be missed don't be gone long but understand you need time to yourself. Wishing you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

KK

Shorty,

I don't usually comment on topics like this, however, this time I will. In short, Been There, Done That.

Twenty years ago this month, I came home to find my wife's body laying on the floor. Needless to say, I was devastated. I know that you are too.

I was bitter and broken. Going to work and coming home was an almost mindless cycle, done as though in a dream, or perhaps nightmare would be more appropriate.

The only comfort I can offer you is the same as the other respondents here have; my condolences. Those of us here can offer our support, but this is something you can only face alone. But face it you must. I know that many of the things that used to bring you joy now only bring sorrow.

Ultimately, you have to move forward with your life. I never met you or your wife, but I have to ask: What would she want you to do? I imagine that she would want you do continue to live your life. Continue with the things that you love, and know that she's with you as you do them.

You will never be the same as you were while she was with you, but you will go on. Eventually, the pain will scar over, and it will become a part of you.

I guess that the best way to put it is that you will never get over it, but you will learn to live with it. And live beyond it.

I will keep you, and the others here who have lived through times like these, in my thoughts and prayers.

Didn't know your wife was ill..

Have never met you or known you except on the wire..

I have the greatest respect for you and your knowledge..

My prayers are with you and your family..

That's gotta' be a heck of a loss

With the most respect..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' you still have friends here..

come back and see us when the timing is right fer ya..

Brother Sixgun I am truly sorry for your lose

Can't imagine the pain you're experiencing,

May the Lord bless you and yours with his strength!!

Furball and co.

So sorry for your loss Shorty, hope you still find it in your heart to shoot with all yer pards!

Rye

My sincere thanks to everyone for your condolences and sympathies

SASS truly is a GREAT Family of which I have now been a Life member of for 14 years.

Today is 5 weeks since Dee passed away

I only wish the Lord had taken Me instead of Dee

My grief and sorrow are indescribable

Shorty, when it was my turn in the barrel I turned to Widownet. The people on the forum there (they call it a bulletin board) are great. They know what you're going through because they've been there.

http://www.widownet.org/

Just thought I'd pass that along.

I was 36 when my wife died in my arms. Had her unplugged. When I went back to work over the next week the three murder cases I handled involved a 3 year old, 8 year old, and 11 year old. Never in the city's history were 3 children murdered in one week. After completing the final case I sat down with my 11 year old at McDonalds, looked at her, and decided it was time to quit and fall completely apart. I told my Lord that was it, I cannot do it anymore, there was nothing left in me. I told Him He needed to do something very quick because I was about to completely come apart. At that very moment, He placed a calm a peace in me causing all pain, all tears, all emptiness to leave. I learned to not make any haste decisions, slow down, be in no hurry, take your time about any changing decisions. I finished that course and now on a new one. Will the loss ever go away, No. I learned to accept, go on, but never forget or expect anything or anyone to replace that loss. I got married again when I realized no one could replace this one for me. Because no one could replace the one I had loss. Don't loss everything in your life that you love. The damage might never be fixed. I am sorry for your loss, may that loss continue to bring blessings in the rest of your life.

Smoken D

Scott

I'm sorry for the lose of you wife. I hope you can lift your sprits in the near future. I'v talked to Kid Shane and BB, they too wish you only the best.

I will be up your way in June, maybe we can get together? I wanted to tell you I gave a tour at the Harry Carey House and I had

23 Dodge Vipers in the parking lot.

Shorty,

Sorry to hear this news........I think you know, I do understand.

Would be good to see ya again.

bb

My condolences Shorty. Like others, I've only known you thru the Wire... and a short conversation. May the Lord give you his strength. If you need, you have only to ask.

I have known Sixgun Shorty for over a decade, been to his house several times and traveled to places with him, so I know him pretty well. He may be a little gruff at times, heck we all are, but I know he is a soft hearted guy down deep and a truer friend you couldn't ask for. Its clear that he has a lot of other good friends and a lot of SASS people who sincerely care about him, and that is the true mark of a fine man who so many people admire and care about.

Scott is going through a real tough time right now. He finally found the love of his life while certainly not a young man any more, and I know he treasured Dee's love and companionship very deeply, so the loss is devastating.

I am very pleased that so many SASS people have responded in such a kind manner and with empathy for Scott. I am sure it helps support him in his grief.

Archived