SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I understand. You've given it a good honest effort and hopefully sparked some new interest in the Marlin. There will be some who buy it for Cowboy shooting, but there will also be others who will now look serious at getting one for other reasons, such as hunting, etc..... The success of these latest Marlins also means continual availability of parts to ALL Marlin owners and for that, they should be grateful. Congratulations on your 'new arrival'......... .......and again, THANKS! ..........Widder
  3. I had a silver maple growing between the overhead lines feeding my house and my neighbors. We were waiting for it to come down in a storm. Two tree companies said it would be north of a grand to take out -if WE did the cleanup. One day the power company guy was walking the lines checking for tree intrusion and my wife caught up with him. Next thing I know it's cut down and all the small limbs were gone. We burned that tree for three years in the fireplace and my buddy had camp wood for at least that long. All free but for a little sweat!
  4. I've got a plastic 55 gallon drum that might help ya!
  5. As always the secretary will disavow.... no wait that’s the wrong stock answer. the answer varies by state....
  6. if you stand behind the shooter's strong shoulder, you CAN watch the firearms,, and targets, you can watch engagements and watch for edge hits,,
  7. Leave us say I am a teenage girl who has just had a baby. And, knowing that I cannot take care of a kid, I give it up for adoption. Sign away my parental rights. It is now several years later, and I am at a point in my life that I believe I can handle a child. My kid is still in the system (because no one wants that obnoxious little brat), and I track it down and announce that I want my kid back. Do I have to adopt it? Since I signed away my rights back then, it seems like, legally, it's not my kid anymore.
  8. Rye took the front off the upright piano and proceeded to tune the old piece of junk. It was a badly out of tune and in need of some repair. He had some parts in his tool box but maybe not exactly what he needed. "Oh well, he thought, I'll do my best". After a couple hours of tuning and doing some repairs he was pretty happy with how it turned out. "Now it's time to take a ride out of town and do some target practice" he thought. He put his toolbox behind the piano and went to the stable and saddled his black stallion. He called him "Night" because he was as black as the night. He galloped out of town to a spot he liked to do some plinking with his Colts.
  9. I have a full set of prints for the 22lr Gatling gun. 1/4 scale I believe. Thats a future project
  10. With that determined look on your face, one might think that you pulled it out barehanded.....
  11. Excellent, such fine rifles. Cowboy Carty sells and excellent lever safety/ trigger spring that works extremely well and is a 100% improvement.
  12. I have a 30-40 krag and a trapdoor springfield that were military issued and could be used. So far I've only used the trapdoor for cowboy long range. I also have a SAA that's old enough but it was a commercial gun.
  13. Today
  14. Oops...edited. Good catch...pun intended
  15. Those little pieces of frozen water are much better if you put a couple of them in a glass and cover them with a nice single malt. Let them season a bit then sip slowly. Blackfoot
  16. Ain't that the truth! Personally, I want one of the later ones in .30-40 Krag, but that's just a preference. On the other hand, I have a vague recollection of an article in Guns & Ammo many, many years ago about a compact size Gatlin that could literally be set up on a picnic table that was chambered for .44-40. That one very well might be ideal for a whole host of reasons. If you can find one.
  17. I have a cousin who was married to a guy my older brother went to high school with. Joseph Ucker. He went by his middle name, Mark, for obvious reasons if you say it out loud. Evidently if he got called to the office in school they would use his first and last name, much to his dismay and the laughter of all the students. Something he couldn't really help, but in college I considered joining ROTC. We didn't have an ROTC unit on campus, so they would have paid for me to take classes at another school down in Columbus. When I called to inquire, the commander answered the phone "ROTC, Major Dick speaking." I couldn't speak for fear of laughing. I hung up.
  18. I don’t watch a lot of baseball any more but my very favorite plays were kids catching fly ball home runs and the interaction between the fans and the players when a foul ball popped into the stands. I have also always loved triple plays, when it didn’t happen to the Pirates.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.