SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Not gonna happen for you pard, just sayin'. I'd bet most of those permits are politically connected. Move to the Sierras and you'd have a permit in short order. Most if not all of the conservative counties will issue permits without much drama.
  3. Forty, We need photos of you in the hat! Send me one, if need be, and I'll post it. Allie
  4. I go to matches for the shooting, the people are a richly added bonus. I like throwing knives, tomahawks, stabbing dummies, etc. off the clock. I like reactive targets, movement, multiple shooting positions with the shotgun, and far targets on occasion. I like challenging stages with a fun twist here and there where you have to keep your mind in the game rather than the same 'Ole 10-10-4. I like all shotgun stages or rifle/handgun only stages. I like cleanable stages but don't worry about it if I don't shoot clean. Since I don't dedicate myself to a particular class from shoot to shoot, I like matches that allow for less common classes like Cody Dixon, Pale Rider, Plainsman, Josey Wales, Real Cowboy, etc. to be shot during the regular match. Anything out of the norm will draw me in every time. The so called "P" traps are another area that doesn't concern me unless it is a mega complicated sweep. Most of the 'P's I see are not from a trap but more from not keeping your mind in the game. Location and layout of the range is another area that brings me back to matches as I head to the Sierras in a couple of days for a match nestled in the pines of Railroad Flat. There is a range down south that puts on a first rate match but the layout of the range disturbs me so I won't go back.
  5. Oh if only. I live close to the Republic of New Jersey and I shoot there often. I DO NOT carry when going into that place. Also, Maryland is almost as bad. Everything locked up in containers.
  6. I look at Stats. If I see a stage that had many misses and P's, I'll not write a stage like that. I think everybody knows shooters that want to shoot a clean match each and every match and shoot slow enough to do that. If they are tripped up by a P trap, they are not happy. It's usually not the target distance that trips them up, it's usually confusing stages. I realize there's different perceptions and enjoyment factors. I just lean towards a bit easier than harder for the middle of the pack shooters.
  7. Hello, just to let you know that you can win PCC Polish Capper during next week Bordertown http://www.bordertowncas.com/index.php competition. We offered as last year 3 of our PCC cappers for best participants. Have fun and enjoy. best regards Polish Cappers http://www.polishcappers.com
  8. To all that are interested n this shotgun there is an error with the phone number given..... This is corrected one Great Northern Pawn 1012 North 7th Avenue Bozeman, MT 59715 Call Us Phone: (406) 586-1962
  9. I bought a vertical vise and was working on making something like that; life keeps getting in the way though.
  10. way back when I started college, I was working as a manager of a store called Two Dollar Bills (it was a step down from a 99 cent store). Their gimmick was to always have $2 bills in the registers to give out as change. My coin collection grew tremendously during this time. Aside from the old style 2 dollar bills that came in occasionally, just the chance to count the tills was awesome. I always had a pocket full of change to use to swap out for silver dimes and quarters, and for the older coins. I always have an eye open for interesting stuff and always do a quick check for silver when I get a handful of coins back in change. Got a '59 silver dime from a pizza hut a few weeks ago.
  11. Anytime it's above 40 F , below 90 F and no rain a day at the range is a fun day.
  12. Just seen this on eBay. Comes specific to gun model. Search on RMC Quick Six Revolver Loading
  13. BELT. Bandoleer. Which is NOT a belt. BELTS at of below the belly. There are different rules for the bandoleers.
  14. I'm not picking on you at all NNV, but this statement has always puzzled me. What exactly does it mean to give shooters a chance? Every single match that has ever taken place the shooters had the chance to shoot clean. But they made the decision as to whether or not that was their priority. Barring a firearm malfunction I could clean ever match I ever go to. It's my choice to speed things up and take the risk of eating a miss or three. The size and distance of the targets along with the complexity of the stage description will obviously change the ease of which a stage can be cleaned, That doesn't change the fact that all shooters have a chance to shoot clean.
  15. When I travel I will have something either within reach or on my person. I check the laws of the state(s) that I'm traveling to or through. My AZ CCW permit is recognized by most states west of the Mississippi. I know that doesn't help with California. Good luck with your chase, BS
  16. Do my eyes deceive me or does the barrel get longer? Look at the first 10 seconds, then compare with the 40 second mark.
  17. Good target placement. From close to mid range is good with me. Mix of both in same match is Great. No hard memory contest on the shooting order. They can be fun without being complicated. I like movement. Even if I am not good at it. (can't seem to stop myself from baby stepping across the stage) Like some stages with shotgun from different positions. Every now and then pistols from different positions. But back to back so GFers can go ahead and move with pistols also. A posse that shares the work load and does not have free loaders letting others do all the work. (not talking about those with health problems and can't. But those that can and won't) Put in a rifle reload on one stage. I like flyers also. But hardly ever see them anymore. I know some don't like knockdowns for pistol or rifle. But I enjoy them.
  18. Today
  19. What would John Wayne say?
  20. Well, you can have a funeral without the FUN-eral!
  21. Often fun or not so fun depends on how I'm holding up. Some days I'm just feel better than others. When I start of tired and run out of spunk midway into the match, it just becomes something to endure to complete. Often I need a 20 minute power nap between stages.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.