SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. There's a YouTube video of somebody who tried that with a Jeep Cherokee that got stuck in a muddy river bank. The cable was wrapped around the front axle. Only problem was, instead of a winch they attached it to another truck which yanked and slammed on the cable trying to get the Jeep unstuck. What ultimately happened is that they finally got the front axle unstuck, but not the rest of the Jeep.
  3. I have two Colt 1878s. A 12 and a 10 guage. If you want one to shoot, get a Chinese made copy. The middle one is the Cimarron 1878.
  4. Ya Know what I most want to hear at My Funeral ??? Look He Moved .... Jabez Cowboy
  5. Back when I was about 10-11 years old I put my pocketknife I my pocket while in my upstairs bedroom, and went down two flights of stairs to the garage to cut up some boxes to make a cardboard submarine. When I got there I looked in my pocket but the knife was missing. 40 years later it still has yet to turn up.
  6. Imis ; Have A great shoot !!! Looked up where you're from .... Was wondering how far it was from Greencastle Pa. Looks like it's to far for a day visit .... Fresh hot Coffee and Harvest Loaf Jabez Cowboy
  7. Nice if you have the time to reload cylinders on a bench. However not so good for a match. I can reload my two Colt C&B Navies cylinders on the piece faster than one can reload with that device. I use a tower of power, when I have the plenty of time. During a Match, not so much.
  8. Dunno... I think I'd be more creeped out than amused by something like that.
  9. Just outside Richmond is the Cold Harbor battlefield. Also pretty neat. It's covered in forest now but the trenches are still visible in the ground. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cold_Harbor
  10. Hammered or Inside Hammered S X Ss Or A 87 lever .. Jabez Cowboy
  11. Recently I found an old coin in a stash left to me by my father, and got excited when I saw 1792 on it. Then I researched it and found out that it was some obscure Irish coin but only worth about $10. I was a bit bummed, but it's still neat to have a nearly 230 year-old coin.
  12. Okay, we're on the same page. It's funny, I look back at some of the stages I wrote about 10 years ago. I was brand new to SASS having come over from the modern shooting disciplines like IDPA, IPSC and such. I wanted my stages to be challenging because that's what I liked. If I saw stages like that today my first thought would be to look for a rope to hang the stage writer.
  13. I thought of taking a large C-clamp and welding on a base. Or two C-clamps welded end to end with one open one way and the other the other. One would clamp it on a bench, the other to shove in balls. The Acme threads would probably work better for pushing anyway.
  14. Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Thanks, everyone for your feedback. WBM
  15. As my mom would say, "...bright eyed and bushy tailed."
  16. That's right. If his total time was 465 seconds his % penalty would've only been 2.15%(?). I was just being sarcastic about some people wanting to raise the time penalty for a miss.
  17. bandoleer: "A BELT fitted with small pockets or loops for carrying catridges worn across the chest..." Now, remember, at the very begining of this thread, I commented that I believed that the rules prohibited bandoleers above the belly button due to this phrase in the handbook, "Ammunition belts must be worn so all ammo is positioned at or below the belly button." The phrase "Combat style shotgun loops," is also referred to on page 3 under the heading "Cartridge Belts, Bandoleers, and Pouches." But, "combat style" whatever that means, isn't specifically defined in Section 9 either, nor is there any offical definition of it in any dictionary. So, the actual definition is ambiguous at best, and subjectively left wide-open to interpretation. It's pretty obvious as to why I'm confused as to whether bandoleers are prohibited if worn above the belly button? That's all I was asking...
  18. Today
  19. Nothing like hard economic times to bring the old coins out again into circulation. Were the coins in the OP gold plated at the mint? I have a substantial number of Bicentennial dollars, halves and quarters, but have never seen any that came from the mint gold plated. There were a lot of plated, painted and otherwise altered Bicentennial coins produced by private companies; few if any are worth anything more than face value (and then some are worth less because they are defaced). LL
  20. Not gonna happen for you pard, just sayin'. I'd bet most of those permits are politically connected. Move to the Sierras and you'd have a permit in short order. Most if not all of the conservative counties will issue permits without much drama.
  21. Forty, We need photos of you in the hat! Send me one, if need be, and I'll post it. Allie
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.