SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Excellent. The stat for Michigan CPL holders can be found here: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/All_Statuses_Report_647845_7.pdf GG
  3. Very . My grandfather was born in the late 1800s, luckily I got to meet him. I have several photos of him. Following is one of my favorites. This reminds me. One of my co-workers was complaining about her step-daughter's boyfriend's first name. It was Guy. That was my grandfather's first name.
  4. Open your action look to the left side of your bolt. Sometimes the screw holding your firing pin loosens and will interfere with the opening and closing of the action.
  5. Slowaz IS a solid pard. Can't wait to meet up with him. Shortcake's Irish eyes are smilin already!
  6. Very good. Why does stuff break just before you get ready to leave?
  7. Hello, Shifty Bob! Welcome to SASS and welcome to Cowboy Action! If you have an 1873, use a lead 125 grain Truncated Cone (TC) bullet. It will feed really well. I get mine from Bullets by Scarlett. Use .357 Starline brass cases in your rifle and use 4.2 grains of Trail Boss. The same load of Trail Boss will work with 158 grain RNFP or 125 grain TC bullets. The same load of Trail Boss will work in .357 cases or 38 Special cases. .357 cases work well in my Uberti 1873 I bought from Cody at the Cowboy Shop. Use your 158 grain RNFP in your pistols and try some lighter truncated cone bullets for your rifle. I hope this helps. All the best, Slow Mo Dern
  8. There are four range officers, a T.O. and three spotters. and RO1 says "Final assessment regarding the assessment of penalties is made by the T.O."
  9. I disagree with some of the comments here. I'm standing within arms reach of the shooter behind their right shoulder. I'm counting shots, watching their gun handling and I can see the targets. Target order is 2-1-2, shooter engages 3-1-1 with their revolver. Spotters call no misses and scratch their heads about target order. I'm going to call the P.
  10. I will have two Dillon Square Deal Bs for sale at Landrun. It was my Wildbunch starter set as one is 45ACP and the other is 45 Colt. Both were dialed in to make PF for WB and never had a problem. Came across a good deal on a 650 where caliber changes are easier so these have to go. One has a Dillon stand the other has an Inline Fabrication easy change base with extra plate for the SDB. Two wingnuts and a swap is made. 325.00 for regular base and 350.00 for the one with Inline Fab base. The very clean powder hopper is the 45 Colt.
  11. That's one heck of a list. I'm with Savvy Jack,,,, rifle, pistols, shotgun, ammo for all (correct ammo). Guncart stays in the van. I've got a 5 gallon bucket with everything in it. If it's an out of towner ,, clothes, everything goes in the van the night before except guns. I'm gone!!! Isom
  12. Two spotters agree on 2 misses... SHB pg 20 SHB pg 23 I've shot in plenty of prop buildings where we only have room for the shooter and the TO in them. The spotters won't fit in the building so the spotters stand to the side. Many of these buildings are being replaced over time, but it is what it is...Just have to make due. Wartrace just tore down their line shack last year. It was one of those where you might could fit a TO, shooter, and 1 spotter in there if it was stand and deliver. When we were moving from one side tray in the shack to the other, there was just room for the TO and Shooter.
  13. P-38 was a favorite of the bad guys on that other spy classic, Get Smart. The KAOS assasins seemed to love 'em. Maybe, "Ve don't use Schmidt und Vesson in KAOS, Starker!"
  14. You can reverse the piece with the white diamond. Put it facing the other way and it is SASS compliant.
  15. Agree completely. If the shooter asks questions or gives me the "deer in the headlights" look, I'll take a moment and clear up any confusion. But, I've just been doing: "Shooter Ready?" "Standby" and then the gong sounds...
  16. All the shoots I've been to the spotters call the procedural but the TO may ask them to explain. The TO can call a P also but he would also explain. If the shooter doesn't agree he can take it up with the Match Director.
  17. The shooter can always call a procedural on themselves as well.
  18. Love mine...my .45 is my "go to" CAS rifle....
  19. I'm in the same boat-I'd like to buy the two you have left. I think I still have your PayPal info, but PM me to be sure. Sp
  20. The otters are protected up here. The beavers not so much. I think you need a nuisance permit but I'm not sure. A 12 gauge with #4 buck would work well.
  21. Ammo would drive my selection. Ammo readily available and or what the military would use as in NATO rounds, 5.56, 9 mm, 22, 12 gauge, whatever an AK runs. Unless you have a large stockpile of reloading materials 30-03, Krags, and other "older" style ammo won't hold you for long. My AR 5.56 bangs steel accurately out to 500 yards so it would replace the need for a bolt action rifle. That is unless all of those who say AR's are for deer hunting are wrong! Ike
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.