SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Was thinking the same thing - cockpits are relatively compact; 1, 2 or 3 rifle rounds passing thru would definitely get the pilots attention.
  3. As far as taking off with one engine is concerned, it would depend on how powerful each engine is, and also if both engines were close to the aircraft centerline. If outboard on the wings and you are below Vmc (minimum control speed), and you lose an engine, you pull back power on the good engine or you may wind up on your back, which could ruin your whole day! At least that is what my IP's taught me when I got my FAA light twin rating.
  4. Rather ironic, the choice of the song the Germans were singing. The original title of the French National Anthem was “Chant de guerre de l'armée du Rhin” that is, War Song of the Army of the Rhine. About the invasion of France by Prussian and Austrian armies in 1792. Arise, children of the Fatherland, The day of glory has arrived! Against us stands tyranny Her bloody standard has been raised, (repeated) Do you hear, in the countryside, The roar of those ferocious soldiers? They come right into your arms To tear the throats of your sons, your wives! Refrain: To arms, citizens, Form your battalions, Let's March, let's march! So that an impure blood waters our furrows! What does this horde of slaves Of traitors and invented kings want? For whom have these vile chains These irons, been long prepared? (repeated) Frenchmen, for us, ah! What outrage What furious action it must arouse! It is for us they dare plan A return to the old slavery! Refrain What! Foreign cohorts! Would make the law in our homes! What! These mercenary phalanxes Would strike down our proud warriors! (repeated) Great God! By chained hands Our brows would yield under the yoke Vile despots would themselves become The masters of our destinies! Refrain Tremble, tyrants and you traitors The shame of all parties, Tremble! Your parricidal schemes Will finally receive their prize! (repeated) Everyone is a soldier to combat you, If they fall, our young heroes, Will be produced anew from the ground, Ready to fight against you! Refrain Frenchmen, as magnanimous warriors, Bear or hold back your blows! Spare those sorry victims, For regretfully arming against us (repeated) But these bloodthirsty despots These accomplices of Bouillé All these tigers who, mercilessly, Tear apart their mother's breast! Refrain Sacred love of the Fatherland, Lead, support our avenging arms Liberty, cherished Liberty Fight with your defenders! (repeated) Under our flags may victory Hurry to your manly accents So that your expiring enemies See your triumph and our glory! Refrain Children's verse: We shall enter the (military) career When our elders are no longer there There we shall find their dust And the trace of their virtues (repeated) Much less keen to survive them Than to share their coffins We shall have the sublime pride To avenge or follow them. Refrain Allons enfants de la Patrie, Le jour de gloire est arrivé ! Contre nous de la tyrannie L'étendard sanglant est levé, (bis) Entendez-vous dans les campagnes Mugir ces féroces soldats ? Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes ! Refrain : Aux armes, citoyens, Formez vos bataillons, Marchons, marchons ! Qu'un sang impur Abreuve nos sillons ! Que veut cette horde d'esclaves, De traîtres, de rois conjurés ? Pour qui ces ignobles entraves, Ces fers dès longtemps préparés ? (bis) Français, pour nous, ah ! quel outrage Quels transports il doit exciter! C'est nous qu'on ose méditer De rendre à l'antique esclavage ! Refrain Quoi ! des cohortes étrangères Feraient la loi dans nos foyers ! Quoi ! Ces phalanges mercenaires Terrasseraient nos fiers guerriers! (bis) Grand Dieu ! Par des mains enchaînées Nos fronts sous le joug se ploieraient De vils despotes deviendraient Les maîtres de nos destinées ! Refrain Tremblez, tyrans et vous perfides L'opprobre de tous les partis, Tremblez ! vos projets parricides Vont enfin recevoir leurs prix ! (bis) Tout est soldat pour vous combattre, S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros, La terre en produit de nouveaux, Contre vous tout prêts à se battre ! Refrain Français, en guerriers magnanimes, Portez ou retenez vos coups ! Épargnez ces tristes victimes, À regret s'armant contre nous. (bis) Mais ces despotes sanguinaires, Mais ces complices de Bouillé, Tous ces tigres qui, sans pitié, Déchirent le sein de leur mère ! Refrain Amour sacré de la Patrie, Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs Liberté, Liberté chérie, Combats avec tes défenseurs ! (bis) Sous nos drapeaux que la victoire Accoure à tes mâles accents, Que tes ennemis expirants Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire ! Refrain Couplet des enfants:[e] Nous entrerons dans la carrière Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus, Nous y trouverons leur poussière Et la trace de leurs vertus (bis) Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre Que de partager leur cercueil, Nous aurons le sublime orgueil De les venger ou de les suivre.
  5. That was one of Nazi Germany anthems, the other was the Horst Wessel Lied, which, in my opinion, would have been the more likely to be sung by those officers.
  6. Snakebite

Yildiz SxS

I know nothing about Yiildz. I tried the Sharptail and didn't like it, the Stoeger was better for this game IMO. SKBs and Brownings are hard to find, and when you do find one they are very pricy. I think that they are both good gun but not worth the price some folks are paying for them. I'm considering either a TriStar or a Charles Daly. Snakebite
  7. Nah...I figure that used up my luck for the week!
  8. Maybe I missed it, but I’m not seeing the caliber listed…….. Sam Sackett
  9. SEDALIA!! Yepper. All Pietta Open Top grip frames/sets are a universal fitment. ALL Pietta Cap Guns are built on the basic 1851 frame and then altered "as required." Uberti Open Top guns are the same but sometimes take a little more fiddling. Pietta/Uberti DO NOT interchange. Lots and lots of fitting to do that. Uberti also changes the basic frame size starting at the 1862 and going back/down. Forgot. Every once in a while a stepped 1860 cylinder will fit and 1851 frame. VERY CLOSE tolerance there. Usually a No-Go.
  10. My arthritic old Prayer Bones thank you kindly. We got rid of all the carpet and went entirely with laminate so as not to aggravate my wife's many allergies, and attair floor gets uncomfortable after a while. Besides, I'm just naturally lazy!
  11. We’re working on it!! We are both out of the woods for now. Schoolmarm is steadily getting stronger. She’s doing more around the house and starting to get outside some when the weather permits. She also loads and unloads my knee scooter when we leave the house, which is pretty often since we are both following up with the various doctors and such. I had a visit from the home health nurse yesterday and she said that the results from my surgery are looking really good. I still can’t walk. Can’t put any pressure on my foot for at least another week or until they remove the remaining stitches. Then I will have to get shoes that will protect the remaining problem area that all this surgery has created. I think that y’all can start offering whatever prayers from a standing or settin’ position from here on out. The ones you’ve sent so far have got the big guy’s attention and he has blessed us both with his healing touch!!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.