SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. ill admit - i dont like fruit on my pizza , ill also admit my dog would be delighted , i hope yourwife feels better and i feel bad i didnt say so in my first post ,
  3. dont speak of the ausie side of my family often as it goes back a few generations and i personally dont know a lot of them but my folks visited before the died , it was my great great grandfather and his brother that parted ways from scotland - my side migrated to canada and then south to arkansas - then back north much later the other side went to austrailia - im not at all familiar with them byt my mother researched - saught out and my foljks visited them back in the 70s - id like to do that but imnot sure that will ever happen ,
  4. Today
  5. i love holding my 1915 BSA mkIII with its fixed 1910 mole hookie , there is something about grasping a bit of history even if only in your mind and only for an instant of thought , for those of you that dont know thats an early british SMLE enfeild rifle still wearing its early design features and a rare early P1907 bayonet , one of many combinations ive owned over the years , this primary example i still own - rest are trainers OH , and this one is marked to the 3MD which indicates service in both world wars and my ausie folks will understand
  6. that works too , except the first is a war expedient the second is a fun ne
  7. wont work here - my wife was an interior designer and since we closed hhe studio our home became the focus , there is very little here [save my room and the small office i have here] that has not been changed in recent years , i get what your saying about tuning out the inspirations by stimulation , but trust me , her head is running full throttle all the time , my bank account on the other hand is not in retirement
  8. i dont have as much family history as i would lkike i do know some , i know my great grandfather was station ,master in eureka springs arkansas - i know this confirmed from a plaque that one hun ini the depot in the 60s when we visited , i know my great uncle was the station master in alliance nebraska and his wife was the telegrapher , i actually knew them in their 90s , i know my relatives fought for the confederacy from arkansas but dont know as much as i would like to , im against the DNA tracking , but i realize its just a matter of time , i have no fingerprints on record and only my birth certificate , might have a footprint as a newborn as i know they did that , none of it willingly given over im not adverse really as im law abiding but it seems all of our laws are aimed directly at those that abde by the law NOT THE CRIMINALS - they seem to get special treatment at every turn , recently i heard local news ell of two local people [actually three if you include the wife of one] that are being prosecuted for failing to pay federal income taxes .......yup , a couple rural folks that owe a few thousand here in the land of rocks and cows - but hunter bidden that owes millions gets a free pass , something is not right nor fair , im not excusing the payment im looking for equal justice and if the IRS is interested in collections - go for the big money as well
  9. seems to me most laws are passed to impose penalty on those that try to be law abiding - the criminals dont care and ignore them ,
  10. came back after reflection , - playing with mercury , molding lead soldiers , fiddlin with electricity , and fartin around with explosives , not to mention playing on the rail roadtracks and in the river , im not sure what kids might do today , but thats what we did and we have lived long productive lives .....if we survived VN , i lived all of this as im sure many of you did as well , also i avoided the drugs of the 60s by choice and survived my motorcycle accident , hell - a lot of us survived the Y2K BS and a couple other "end of the worl disasters that were predicted for us , my seatbelt was my grandmothers arm slapped into my body every time she touched the brake - my parents didnt think it was needed , i fell through barbed wire fences more than once and one was old and rusty , i stepped on a ten penny spike passing it clear through my foot [and shoe] i wore a mepps spinner in the top of my eye for a mile or so of white water in a canoe till we could pull it clear and cut it off , couple beers later back to fishing , actually i think we are way overprotective these days and way too sensitive - that lack of a tough skin and the resilience of immunity from exposure will kill our future
  11. no good for you or the neighborhood will come from this - air B$B or whatever it is , next thing you know there will be squatters in there and he owner wont be able to get rid of them - but you will be stuck with them as well
  12. ya , i think im avoiding that - anything i consider in a fish house has to be in a factory sealed bottle , just asayin ill add that im not staying in the same house as those that consider this - except maybe to clean the windows ?
  13. ya , i remember that , i didnt buy his BS and dont agree with t today -, not because he killed her and did that but because i thinik there is just too much BS now and then ,
  14. i am not a doctor and i dont play one on TV , i dont take any pills but if i did , i would take them the same time each day to keep any side affects as under control as possible , i would also take them as my doctor prescribed with all these medications being prescribed these days i wonder how many doctors are taking them ? having said that it dawned on me that i talk to doctors - retired and in active practice every day , i think ill ask them how many prescriptions they are on , i bet not many amnd i bet not the crap they are prescribing for us , seems these days there is a pill for everything , im hearing jefferson aitrplane in my head - white rabbit , im dead serious about this question , i have about six or seven dotors i deal with every week - im going to ask , i believe at least two will give me an honest answer i am back to add that my 'doctor' recently told me to take steroids for high cholestrol when mine is only a point above normal - ill not do this as my doctor brother advised me against it 0 im not telling anyone what to do here but taking medications ahould be to treat an issue not a way of life , JMHO
  15. Want to slow down the projects? Remove the hgtv channel from the tv. Approaching 2 years without a major project here.
  16. I was wondering where my horses went.
  17. Honestly, when I open this this thread .... I thought this.
  18. Bailey Unfortunately I will not be there. Not sure about shipping...Face to Face would be best. Macon Due
  19. interesting both , i had never seen that bissel before - my family probably couldnt afford one
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.