SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Ambrosia Golden Earring Aliota, Haynes, Jeremiah The Chamber Brothers
  4. Since you have already ordered the parts you are on the right track. The most likely cause of the problem is the tip of the trigger (sear) rounding its edges. The next most likely is the hammer full cock notch wearing. The least likely problem is the trigger spring, although anything can fail. It is also possible for the hole in the receiver that the firing pin extension rides in to ware but that would take a LOT of rounds. If you do not know what you are doing, do not have the proper stones or hones for the job and do not have a sear jig your chances of making things worse out weight your chances of making things better. You have not provided any good CLEAR photos of any of these parts so any further guesses are just that. SWAGS.
  5. There were these made back then. For women in the factories.
  6. Better yet, I found pictures with scale for you. A third picture shows the light and dark lenses.
  7. Thank you, it should've been obvious. That is why you don't buy a car made at 5pm Friday. @watab kid @Wild Eagle your brains are playing tricks on you. Those lenses are 80 years old and not clear, there is no reference scale in the picture, the goggles are upside down. Flip them over, imagine they are as wide as Ray-Bans, the straight perforated band on your forehead, the lenses more transparent, the frilly trimmed ^ cut seals against the bridge of your nose and your face. You look bugeyed like a horse with goggles.
  8. Thank you so much for the information. I use a Rock Chucker that also used the RCBS larger Cowboy dies as well. DC
  9. CH4D makes that set of dies. BTW you need a RCBS Rock Chucker or similar press that takes the larger 1 1/4" dies.
  10. Howdy H.K., Does sound like fun, but I kind of agree with Watab. On the other hand, for many of us it would be a good excuse to comb the used gun racks to fill out our arsenal. Rev. Chase
  11. STS or Gun Club Hull CB0175-12 wad 13 grains of 700X 3/4 ounce shot Winchester 209 Primer Will work on every shotgun KD as long as you do your part. Less felt recoil than AA LNLR
  12. One of thr cowboys I shoot with asked if I could still push the hammer forward if I am also pushing the trigger forward and doing this I cannot push the trigger forward even with a huge amount of force from my thumb. He is the one suggesting I replace my trigger spring. He did say that since I could push the hammer forward though that the sear is likely nearing the end of it's life and I could try taking a stone to the hammer.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.