SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Since the Air Craft was still onna taxiway, would make much more sense to put the round thru the PILOT. Dead pilots don't fly airplanes.
  3. There are other things that are relevant and need to be taken into consideration: wind speed and wind direction current speed and direction tides The bridge was completed in 1977, long before ships like the Dali were built. So engineers never considered what a 95,000+ ton ship hitting a structural support would do or what, if anything, could be done to prevent a collapse.
  4. Perhaps when I joined the Navy they had rid themselves of the term “shell”. I do recall a gunnery instructor giving us a stern lecture on terminology. The words “bullet, shell, slug” and a couple of others regarding what the “guns” fired were forbidden under penalty of a stern talking to and shaming. (Guns is in quotations because guns are mounted to the ship. Small arms were not “guns”)
  5. I agree regarding the “tactical garbage”. I was hoping to see the new Ruger Marlin “Black series” (I think that’s what they call it) but after handling the Henry and feeling how smooth it is to operate I knew I would end up with a Henry anyway. No, my heaviest reloads are with 255 grain bullets. I never considered anything above 255. Great! A reloading ear worm. Thanks a lot Dantankerous!
  6. We must blame something that can't vote! Second City Cop: The End Game Revealed
  7. Several years ago I ordered some stuff from Midway. I was visiting my daughter in Atlanta. And I tracked this every day, because she lived in an apartment and I wasn't sure how they handled packages there. We shall say that it was due to arrive on the 8th. Because I don't recall the exact date. On the 5th the tracking said it was in Atlanta post office, and I was happy because I thought that meant I would get it 3 days earlier than I expected. On the 6th tracking said it was in Athens post office. On the 7th it was still in the Athens post office. But on the 8th it came back to Atlanta, and was delivered on the estimated day of arrival. Apparently it was against the rules to deliver it 3 days early.
  8. True for some peppers, the seeds and pulp have most of the heat. Red peppers are generally ripe, so the seeds should be usable if the pepper is nor a hybrid. there are exceptions. for the sauce you can bet the hottest part of the pepper was used.
  9. You cowpokes are making me feel like a winner this year! From Radium Springs NM to delivered on Wednesday without a hiccup!
  10. The director said to park your car crosswise in front of the plane, blocking its access to the runway, and then advance toward the plane with your pistol out. I thought that was kind of dumb but I was neither the director nor the screenwriter.
  11. Anyone have one laying around? Went to Cimarron's site and they are $2.50 each. But they won't say what shipping will be. So I'm asking here... Thanks, Buzzard
  12. If they did it in reality, I can see some of these reasons put forth here being correct. But did they do it in reality? Or did they just do it in the movies and on TV? Every cop show out there, there will be a scene where the plain clothes cops will see the person they're after, and from 30 to 50 feet away they will call his name and flash their badge, which always causes him to turn and run the other way, and he has a 30 to 50 foot head start. That's television. We have the exciting chase. But I can't help but think that in real life, the plain clothes cops would wait until they were standing next to their suspect, and they would grab him by the arm and show their badge, and that way he would not be able to run away. That just makes way too much more sense. But that would be reality, not television. As far back as I can remember, which would be the very early 60s, the drivers always got in the driver's side. I never ever saw anyone, in reality, get in the passenger side and slide across the seat. My truck has a bench seat. And a couple times I have slid across the seat. Generally because some moron has parked next to me so close that I cannot open the driver's door. Unless you keep the seat completely clean - as in no maps, no winter coats, no CD cases or cassette boxes - it's very difficult to slide across the seat. And then we have the transmission hump in the middle of the thing that you got to clear with your feet. As a kid, the parental units would shove us in one door and we would have to slide across the seat to make room for the other siblings. But that made it easier on them - all the kids were on the same side of the car. By the time we were in double digits of age, if we were going to sit on the left side of the seat we went in the left door. Sliding was just foolish.
  13. I sent one of the GunSmiths a Check Certified Mail last month. It took 3 weeks. I was able to file a complaint after 10 days. The lady at the receiving post office handling the complaint was very nice and explained a couple things to me. They have up to 30 days to deliver certified mail. And it has to go through certain post offices so it may circle out of the direct path. Basically Certified Mail is not the quick way to go.
  14. Snakebite

sxs

That's good to hear. I bought a CZ Sharp Tail and didn't care for it.
  15. Thanks for the review on the Henry X in 45 Colt. I've been giving these the big think for a few years but just haven't done it yet. These Henry "tactical style" lever actions I always thought were done rather tastefully compared to some of the tactical garbage available today in modern lever actions. Any chance you have any 300 grain handloads you could give a review on?
  16. Don't remember where I read this, but some cook said with peppers, scrape out the seeds and that should minimize or prevent the burning as the peppers exit the human body. You can use the seeds to grow your own peppers. I do this with red peppers and jalapeno peppers and I have not had any issues.
  17. It’s very similar to Tapatio. Subtle differences and maybe slightly milder to me. I buy those two in quart size bottles because I use them a lot when I’m cooking. Schoolmarm uses Tapatio in her bloody marys, which reminds me that I gotta pick up some more spicy V8! She used the last of that yesterday and I/we are making spaghetti sauce this weekend!
  18. Today
  19. Agreed Joe Perkin's (Classic Single Action) grips are outstanding. As for timing to complete, well..............
  20. Thank you Lone Spur, I have emailed her.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.