SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Whence attending an Antique dealers gun show in Denver, was an exhibitor with a block long "wall" of Winchesters. His display included a good dozen "Special Order" Winchester 1873 "Trappers." All had Octagon Barrels and three were Octagon barrels, 14 inches, lettered by Winchester. I think going to ATF for the tax stamp would be well worthwhile for that '92. While certainly not SASS eligible nor CAS practical, it certainly would be a fun rifle. On top of which, it may well be exempt.
  3. FS used Dillon Casefeeder with new unused small pistol casefeed plate. Works Great. $250 shipped.
  4. Bigger is better in this case with Rugers and a .429" barrel. Check the cylinder throats as they usually run small and will resize and create a smaller diameter bullet before it enters the barrel.
  5. Today
  6. Good afternoon, 2 ques;tions on .44-40 cast bullets: 1. Sources for 200gr. FNRP lubed ? coated? 2. My Rugers have .429 cylinder and barrels: Can I shoot..427 sized bullets lubed or coated without any leading problems? or should I stay with .429 sized bullets lubed or coated? if available or .430 bullets that I size down to .429? Can coated .430 bullets be sized to .429? Thank you for any and all advice
  7. Crawfished? I might remind you of your email to me after I said "I'll take it"; so here it is. Ed Pohorelsky, Jr. From:sonny45@gmail.com To:rick Mon, Apr 22 at 12:12 AM Rick; I just checked the SASS Wire & I got a "I'll take it" message 12 hours ago, sorry he got it 1st. Sonny -- "If A Man's From TEXAS, He'll Tell Ya. If He's Not, Why Embarrass Him By Askin?" Must be a texax thing.
  8. The Big Iron Rangers and the Middletown Sportsmen Club are hosting the SASS Northeast Regional on August 9-11, 2024. Lassiter is the match director and he is known to set up some fast and interesting stages. If you are worried about the hill the Boy Scouts will be available again to get your cart up the hill. The application for Guns of August is attached. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. GUNS OF AUGUST 2024 REGISTRATION FORM.pdf
  9. JP may be a walk up, he accidentally got ahold of pistol with factory spring
  10. F/S RCBS Automatic Primer Feeder With tubes 1 Lg / 1 Sm # 09589 in box excellent cond. For Rockchucker $35 Shipped to you in the USA
  11. Like any warship design, it's a compromise. The design has to carry enough guns to send enough shells down range at a given time to hit a moving target. But they also need to be big enough to penetrate the enemy armor. And the design has to be fast enough to be able to engage the enemy. For those interested, look at those battleship designs that were a result of the Washington Naval Treaty. The Germans, Italians and Japanese did not obey treaty limits,
  12. Those are nice guns. I just purchased a set of Single Sixes and had them done by Jimmy Spurs so I can say from experience that's a very good price.
  13. Very nice guns. I have handled both of them and would vouch for their condition
  14. Hi all, Have a Russian made manual/wind up pocket watch for sale; runs well, case in great shape, closes securely! $30 plus $9 shipping, USPS MO or personal check ok if SASS member!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.